SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
wiszmaster

Jebao Dc12000 Intake Strainer Missing

I've got a Jebao DC12000, however it's missing the intake strainer. I've got the pump in a sump tank.. want to protect the intake from sucking in fish/critters. Does anyone have an extra one they don't need?

Thanks,

Marco

I've got a Jebao DC12000, however it's missing the intake strainer. I've got the pump in a sump tank.. want to protect the intake from sucking in fish/critters. Does anyone have an extra one they don't need?

Thanks,

Marco

I might be able to get you one but not sure how fast you need it.

Stanley,

My (used) mag12 died due to a mistake I made in programming my apex. (It was constantly cycling power on/off to the returnpump outlet by mistake)

I replaced it with a dc-12000, and actually like it. the soft start is awesome. It slowly ramps up the flow over about a minute. In fact, it ramps up absolutely perfectly to get my beananimal siphon going without making a single sound. By comparison, the mag12 was instant on, and I'd hear gurgling for about 30 seconds as the siphon was starting.

I've only had it in use about 2 weeks, so I can't say anything about the reliability yet.

Even if the jebao pump doesn't hold up, I think I'm a "DC pump" convert regardless.

I have it set for max speed on my 90g, and it's a pretty significant amount of flow.

edit: forgot to mention: at full flow, the dc-12000 is much quieter than my mag3. The loudest thing in my aquarium now is the skimmer!

Edited by jpalmer