SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
jdhuyvetter

General Information

In years past, we have posted all of the general info in the forums here. However, we now have a new website, dedicated to the conference. All updates will be posted there. So, check back often. Speakers, Vendors, Floor Plan, Schedule, Tickets, etc can all be found at the link below.

http://www.reefconference.com

We can use this forum for questions and answers.

How much for Saturday lunch tickets. I will need 2.

thanks

DD

We are offering a special discounted price of $12 per person to the first 50 guests to purchase their lunch tickets, once those are sold out tickets will be $22.

Tickets will be available for sale today after 5pm on the reef conference website; http://www.reefconference.com/tickets.html.

Once the tickets go on sale on the website (tonight at 5 pm) you have the option at checkout of using PayPal or a debit or credit card. We can not take cash at this time.

Guest Frankman22

If we just wanted to go and see the venders to shop and browse would there be an entry fee? I'm not a member and work Saturdays could maybe run there on my lunch break

There is an all inclusive entry fee. For general public it is $25 per person. If you are a member of a Marine Aquarium Society other than SWFMAS, the entry fee is discounted to $15 per person, and if you are a SWFMAS club member, the entry fee is further discounted to $10 per person. These fees cover the cost of the space and include access to the vendor hall and to the saturday speaker sessions.

Thanks,

Matt.

Guest Drew

I have a quick question for ya. I am planning on coming at 9am and then I have to work from 1130 to 2 and then I was planning on coming back until the end. Is that possible?

Absolutely no problem. We will be providing arm bands for everyone at registration/entry, so keep your armband on for re-entry as needed.

Thanks, and see you Saturday!

Schedule

Friday 4/11

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Early Registration

7:00 pm - 10:00 pm SWFMAS Banquet

Saturday 4/12

9:00 am Vendor Hall opens

10:00 am - 11:00 am 1st Speaker: Jake Adams

11:30 am - 12:30 pm 2nd Speaker: Bob Fenner

12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch

2:00 pm Last call for Raffle Tickets

2:30 pm - 3:30 pm 3rd Speaker: Murray Camp

2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Vendor Hall Closed while we draw the raffle

3:30 pm Raffle Winners Announced

5:00 pm Vendor Hall Closed

What are the prices for the raffle tickets. Dry goods and livestock?

Also I'm not familiar with the Chinese raffle style so if anyone could explain it I would appreciate it. Like what do you mean that all sheets have the same number? Just the sheets I buy or everyone's sheets???

What are the prices for the raffle tickets. Dry goods and livestock?

Also I'm not familiar with the Chinese raffle style so if anyone could explain it I would appreciate it. Like what do you mean that all sheets have the same number? Just the sheets I buy or everyone's sheets???

From this mornings email that went out to all registered members.

1. This is a Chinese style raffle for dry goods and frozen food. This means, you buy a sheet of raffle tickets and they all have the same number. You keep the "stub" on the sheet as it has your number on it as well. When you claim your prize (or prizes), show the stub. There are 25 tickets per sheet and we will break it up if you want less. But, the price structure is such that you get the best deal buying the whole sheet. Or, you can do like me and buy multiple sheets!

2. There will be a separate livestock raffle. Vendors at the conference donate livestock (corals or fish) for the raffle. The livestock raffle is a "normal" raffle. Meaning, you buy individual raffle tickets.

3. We will close the vendor hall while we pull raffle tickets. This allows us to pull raffle items in a nice quiet, orderly fashion instead of a mad rush. This actually speeds it up considerably. The vendor hall will be closed at the start of the last speaker and will reopen when the last speaker is done. If you are a vendor, you may remain at your table if you choose.

4. You must be present to win frozen foods, refrigerated items and livestock. We will allow 15 minutes to claim these prizes after the vendor hall is reopened. If you don't claim it, we will begin pulling new raffle tickets for each individual item until they are gone. This part of the raffle will be "live". Meaning everyone will be in the room and we call numbers out loud until all items are gone.

5. You do not need to be present to claim drygoods. Keep your raffle stub if you leave before the raffle drawing! The next day, we will post on the website the winning numbers on the website and send out an announcement. You will have until the May meeting to pick the items up or you can get them at the May meeting. At the end of the May meeting, unclaimed raffle items revert back to club possession (and now you know where we get most of our raffle items at our regular monthly meetings)

6. This year, we will have a "Grand Prize". It has been posted on the website. The Chinese raffle sheet has a "Door Prize" ticket on it (only one per sheet). This will be your ticket for the "Grand Prize". In the past, the door prize ticket was used as a bonus raffle ticket. Not this year, it is prize specific. If you aren't interested in the Grand Prize, you may use it as an extra raffle ticket. Please note that we are not selling extra Grand Prize tickets. You get one per sheet. As this is a fairly large item, we would prefer not to hold it until the May meeting!

Chinese raffle ticket used for drygoods raffle pricing is as follows:

1 sheet contains 25 tickets and 1 grand prize ticket. In order to get a grand prize ticket, you have to purchase the whole sheet.

- 1 - 19 tickets (partial sheet, NO Grand Prize Ticket): $1 per ticket

- 25 tickets (1 sheet): $20

- 50 tickets (2 sheets): $40

- 75 tickets (3 sheets): $60

- 100 tickets (4 sheets): $75

- 150 tickets (6 sheets): $100

There is 1 number per sheet, this means that if you pruchase 3 sheets ($60), you will only have 3 numbers to keep track of. You will also have 3 grand prize tickets (1 per sheet).

Livestock raffle tickets are $2 each with no volume price break and each has a different number.

Ok so if I get 3 sheets I only have to keep track of 3 numbers but doesn't one sheet have 25 tickets? That's 75 tickets for those 3 sheets. Wouldn't I have to keep track of all 75 tickets? Sorry for the confusion but I've never heard or seen this type of raffle before so I'm not familiar with the style.

I understand the grand prize ticket is separate. I'm confused as to why buy one sheet (25) tickets that all have the same number? Wouldn't that just be the same as buying one ticket if they all have the same number? If all the tickets in one sheet have the same number wether I have one ticket or 25 doesn't that still give me the same chance of winning? Since all the numbers in that one sheet are the same? The only benefit of buying the whole sheet is that you get one ticket for the grand prize.

Not sure if in understanding it the correct way but that's how I see it lol.

I understand the grand prize ticket is separate. I'm confused as to why buy one sheet (25) tickets that all have the same number? Wouldn't that just be the same as buying one ticket if they all have the same number? If all the tickets in one sheet have the same number wether I have one ticket or 25 doesn't that still give me the same chance of winning? Since all the numbers in that one sheet are the same? The only benefit of buying the whole sheet is that you get one ticket for the grand prize.

Not sure if in understanding it the correct way but that's how I see it lol.

Imagine this

Ticket # = Your name

Ticket = Chance to win

So if you purchase a full sheet with 25 tickets, that's 25 chances to win. You separate the 25 tickets, and drop however many you want into whichever raffle items ticket box.

The BOD wanted to make it easier for people to recognize when they've won an item - if I buy 10 sheets, that's 300 tickets ... I'd much prefer to keep track of 10 ticket #'s, than 300.

-M

Ok now it makes sense. I didn't know we got to put the tickets into whatever item we want to win. I thought we bought the tickets and them if your number gets called you win. That's why it wasn't making sense that all tickets in one sheet had the same number lol.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the help.

Edited by Eric Noa

At the check-in counter there will be a list of members that have prepaid, it couldn't hurt to have your paypal email receipt handy just in case. :)/>

Bring an ID, your membership badge will be fine.

For those that just renewed, we will have your badges available at the event.

We have a list of people that purchased tickets. We can also look it up by the email tickets were purchased under.