SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Wayne

Everyone Ready?

We are gearing up for one of our largest auctions ever! It should be a great time. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

May I make one suggestion to speed up the auction process:

1. Announce the peice to be bid on.

2. All bidders interested raise their paddles.

3. The auctioneer begins to count up based on demand. If there are a large number of bidders he/she could go up in increments of $5, small number of bidders in increments of $1 or $2.

4. If you drop your paddle down you are out.

5. Last paddle still in the air wins.

This will truly speed up the process as there is no more asking people multiple times if they are in or not. If their paddle is still up, they are bidding, if the paddle is down they are out. No one can raise their paddle after bidding starts. I have seen a number of large scale book and collectables auctions run this way and you can fly thru peices almost twice as fast as the traditional method of announcing a price point, wait for someone to finally put their paddle up and then having to do that over and over again...........

Hope this helps

Ken

I loved how fast the auction went and the format. Now I have to go acclimate lol

lol @ the acclimation part ... how many bags did you end up with?

I had a great time and of course came home with more corals than I had intended to purchase, lol. It took me a while to get them all acclimated and even more time to find places in my tank to fit them all.

I love the Hawaiian PEs I got, and the Sun coral looks very happy at the entrance to my cave. The red mithrax crab was munching away as soon as I released him. The Mystic sunset monti colors are incredible under my blue LEDs.

They all are happy and open. Very healthy corals indeed!!!

Thank you all