SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
NeenahFoxxe

Build Or Buy?

I'm in need of 2 acrylic sumps due to the space under my tank. The placement from left to right, will be one tank for the fuge then, super dart gold the other tank for the skimmer and other equip. Pump will sit in between 2 tanks. There will be an equalizer in between the 2 tanks. I'm having the hardest time finding 2 tanks big enough to handle the 265 gal display tank. Doing the math I believe 2 tanks 32x16x16 would be big enough to handle the DT and would fit snugly in the cabinet stand. We all know 32x16x16 is not a standard size. SO, that means I would need to order them custom made - I seriously don't have 500.00 for that - does anyone know of a local place or person that could make them for me? At hopefully way cheaper cost. I can buy the materials? I'm open to suggestions

You're right about the size being odd. Most tanks will be either 2' or 3' long. A few years ago we had a couple of guys who could do it, but they weren't cheap either. One moved to Atlanta to work at the Georgia Aquarium and the other is out of the hobby. Sorry.

Ron :)/>/>

he might be out of the hobby, but i do believe that Travis is building sumps. im gonna be calling him soon so that i can get him to drill a tank, i will ask him then.

I had been battling the sump/refugium thing myself. I purchased a complete 180 setup which had a Pro Clear 200 wet/dry system which I did not like so I have spent the last month or so searching around looking at options. Today I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Trigger Systems Ruby Elite 36x18x15 sump/refugium, but anyway.. in my search I looked at some of these which might work better for you. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Aquarium-Fish-/20754/i.html?item=280870262069&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41652c1535&_ssn=clevecollectibles

You could ask Bill at Gulf Cost Aquariums, I'm not sure about pricing though.

I thought someone said he moved to GA? I

he might be out of the hobby, but i do believe that Travis is building sumps. im gonna be calling him soon so that i can get him to drill a tank, i will ask him then.

I would love to know if Travis could do something like this - please let me know :)/>/>

i believe travis is still building stuff but only when he has time. he just built me my custom shallow acrylic frag tank and picked it up yesterday.

i believe travis is still building stuff but only when he has time. he just built me my custom shallow acrylic frag tank and picked it up yesterday.

I'm jealous :/ I wish I knew Travis - If anyone can ask him for me I'd be real grateful :)/>/> - I'm tired of hitting brick walls with this sump thing

I'm jealous :/ I wish I knew Travis - If anyone can ask him for me I'd be real grateful :)/>/> - I'm tired of hitting brick walls with this sump thing

i can ask for you

You could ask Bill at Gulf Cost Aquariums, I'm not sure about pricing though.

I thought someone said he moved to GA? I

I would love to know if Travis could do something like this - please let me know :)/>/>

The guy who did sumps (he finished mine) was Dane, not Bill. If I were you I'd call Bill and Travis. They are both good guys.