SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
icy1155

Calling All Volunteers!

Okay everyone, now that the Reef Conference is getting closer, it is time for the club to start asking for volunteers to help with the different jobs that need to be done to make the event run smoothly. Anyone who volunteers for a shift of two hours or more on the day of the event will get free entry. Remember, volunteers make this event possible, so if you enjoy having big name speakers come into town, help out. All club members are welcome to volunteer.

The positions that we will need help with:

Setup the day before

Membership/entry table - 3 or 4 shifts of people

Raffle ticket/t-shirt table - 3 or 4 shifts of people

Raffle drawing/claim - 4 people

Cleanup

We may also need a driver to take one of our speakers back to the airport.

Keleigh and I will volunteer for Raffle drawing/claim, so we need two more people for that position.

Note: If you volunteer for that, you will not be able to see Martin Moe. The raffle drawing will be held while Martin is speaking, and winnings will not be available for pickup until he is done.

Speakers, Ariport Pick Up/Drop Off

Kevin Kohen Arrives 236 pm on Friday (Delta 2245)

Murray Camp arrives 540 pm on Friday (American 312)

Murray leaves 635 pm on Saturday (American). He will need to leave the conference around 4-430

Kevin lvs for Fort Lauderdale with Tony Vargas

Meg and I will help with the raffle drawing/claim. Meg might also help at the membership table, both of us with help with setup and clean up.

Will

i will help out.. Raffle ticket/t-shirt table or where ever else you guys need help.. im leaving mom and the little girl at home so i won't have any distractions. lol

As of now I'm on the fence whether or not I'll be setting up a tank but will be sharing table with jeff. One way or another I'll be there all day and will help in any way needed.

Ok, so we will still need more help with:

Membership table - at least 2 or 3 more

Raffle/T-shirt Table - at least 1 or 2 more

Cleanup - Everyone who wants to help!

Remember, these are the minimum number of people needed to make things work right... if more people want to volunteer for a position that is already filled feel free, we can always use the help.

Dad and me won't be there again this year. Bummer. But we are taking adventure trip to Ocala National Forest! Sweet.

We'll miss you guys again this year... maybe the Fall Frag Auction? Have fun on your trip. Elaine & I are in the planning stages of 2 possible swamp trips... you gotta love a wife who wants to go mucking about in the swamp!

Ron 8)/>/>

Well - I was hoping for a change in my schedule - but I will be studying... I will make it, just not for longsad.gif.... stinks!

We are less than 2 weeks away! Anyone else interested in volunteering? We still have a few positions to fill...

Speakers schedules are updated in the OP. I can pick both up on Friday. But, will need someone to take Murray to the airport on Saturday.