SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Sign in to follow this  
Eric Noa

New to the Hobby.... Eric Noa

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself since Im new to the forum and Im just getting started in this hobby. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful person in this hobby. His name is Ron Lindensmith, Im sure you guys know who Im talking about. I found his add on craiglist because I was looking for an used Aquarium to purchased since the new ones were really expensive. I came across his add on the 65gl tank with sump, stand, Canopy, Protein Skimmer, Light, and pumps. Once I saw everything that was included and the price it was listed for I called him. That same day after I got out of Edison State College I went straight to his house, he game me a tour of all his tanks and everything he had. Also he gave me some instructions on how to set everything up. The Stand and Canopy were black so I had to paint them because they didn't match our furniture in the living room. Im going to post some pictures so you guys can see how everything looks. Any tips or suggestions would appreciated.

Here is the Stand Before painting it.

StandCanopy1.jpg

Now after painting it.

StandCanopy4.jpg

StandCanopy5.jpg

Here I was doing a leak test on the Tank nd Sump.

IMG_0317.jpgIMG_0318.jpg

Now the tank in the living room ready to be filled with RO/DI water.

251.jpg

The tank filled with water and salt...

Tank2.jpg

The Sump

254.jpg

110lb of live rock that I got from a lady in fort myers that her 200gl tank broke and was selling over 400lb of live rock at $2 a pound.

252.jpg

Now the tank with the rocks in.

Testtank5.jpgTesttank6.jpgTesttank7.jpg

And last the test results. lol

Test1.jpgTest2.jpgTest4.jpgTest3.jpg

I hope you guys like it.

Hey Eric...Welcome!!! Your tank looks good!!! Yes, we ALL know Ron very well. He is a wonderful guy that I am very proud to call a friend...no wait, he's more than a friend...he's like a "Big Brother" to Anthony and I!! I'm glad to see that more and more people are becoming interested in the hobby...it's extremely addictive, but soooo worth it! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your tank as it progresses...which reminds me that we needs to put some new pictures up with all of our new coral in the tank, maybe I can find time for that this weekend!

Becky  8)/>/> 

Hello Becky,

I will be happy to post pictures of my tank as it progresses. I can't wait to see my tank with corals and fishes, and yea this hobby is addicting.... I already want a bigger tank and I've only been with this one a couple of weeks.. lol I'm sure in the future I will get a bigger tank. 8)/>/>

Eric,

Welcome to the website. For a guy just getting started here, you put together a really good posting. Your photos even fit properly without a scroll bar at the bottom! I'm happy to see the 65g up and running. It sat in Elaine's sewing room for close to a year after I bought it and then didn't use it (Elaine wants the floors tile before a tank gets set up). We'll all look forward to seeing updates to this thread as your tank progresses along. Be careful with the addiction, I've gone from a 30g to a 75g, then added the 35g estuary and then a 35g frag tank... now it's all getting even bigger!

Ron (your local saltwater addiction dealer) 8)/>/> 8)/>/>

Hello Eric, Well welcome to this hobby. For your first saltwater tank it looks like you are starting right. That is nice rock you got...2$ a pound, you got it at it steal. I started my tank with Ron's help and it is going great. There are a lot of experienced reefers on this site and in the club, they give honest advice. Some tips I can give you are probably what you have already heard..research, plan, and care of the tank. I would ask myself "what do I want in this tank of mine"? That will show you what way to go with your tank.

hey eric, looks like you know what your doing.are you sure your new to the hobby.you are starting out so much better than i did with my first used tank purchase.this is a really great club to be a member off.everyone is so helpfull and are ''good people''.welcome to the wonderfull world of reefing and welcome to our club.if you need any help at all just post away. 8)/>/>

dave

Welcome to the club Eric, nice job on your set up and landscaping.

Looking forward to see your tank pics

Robert 8)/>/>

P.S. what are you levels looking like for your KH & Gravity along with your calcium?

Eric,

Welcome to the website. For a guy just getting started here, you put together a really good posting. Your photos even fit properly without a scroll bar at the bottom! I'm happy to see the 65g up and running. It sat in Elaine's sewing room for close to a year after I bought it and then didn't use it (Elaine wants the floors tile before a tank gets set up). We'll all look forward to seeing updates to this thread as your tank progresses along. Be careful with the addiction, I've gone from a 30g to a 75g, then added the 35g estuary and then a 35g frag tank... now it's all getting even bigger!

Ron (your local saltwater addiction dealer) grin.gif 8)/>/>

Hey Ron,

Well what can I say..about the pictures this is not the first forum I participate so I have knowledge of how they work plus I have a forum myself about Spanish Pouters. It's a breed of pigeons from Spain that I use to have but I don't anymore, but enough about that. I wanted to thank you for selling me your tank with all the equipment.

Welcome to the club Eric, nice job on your set up and landscaping.

Looking forward to see your tank pics

Robert 8)/>/>

P.S. what are you levels looking like for your KH & Gravity along with your calcium?

Hello Robert and thanks. About the levels Ive only tested the test above and the salinity level is between 1.025 nd 1.026