SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Sign in to follow this  
jdhuyvetter

Power Compact Lights

Anybody interested in some barely used (4 weeks), 36-inch, 192 watt PC fixture?I'm going to pull a "Marco". Decided to change gears almost imediately after setting up my new frag tank. I think I am going to put HQI's on my frag tank........still keeping the same protein skimmer though........

$75, but not for sale until I get the lights swapped out. Could be a week, could be a couple of months. I have an e-mail into Clearly LED and may go that route first. I am placing an order for 3 panels to experiment with on my big tank. If I like them, I may use LED instead of HQI on my frag tank.After further consideration, I probably posted too soon. I will be changing out the lighting, with what and when are the two big questions.

OK, I pulled a double Marco.1: Bought brand new equipment (lights) and then almost immediately decided to upgrade.2: Dropped electronic equipment in a saltwater tank and fried it (one of the aforementioned lights).So, I went ahead and ordered my new HQI fixture for my frag tank.As soon as it comes in (5 days or less), I'll have ONE, barely used (1 month) PC fixture, 2 x 96 watt bulbs.$75For the record, Montipora cap and Idaho grape do not like sudden electrical discharges into the aquarium. Acros and birdsnest don't seem to care.

That stinks! hate when that happens. 3 steps forward, and at least 1 back...But look on the brighter side of things ... you got to upgrade much sooner than anticipated.Which one did you drop on? 1 of the new PC lights?Whatever happened to clearly LEDs?

Still have not heard back from Kistel. And yes, it was one of the brand new PC fixtures on the frag tank. The one on the front that was sitting on the tank rim and not on legs.

I had two. One is still fine and on the tank. The one that got soaked, don't know. Tried it last night after it dried and the only thing that lit was the blue LED's.One that is still working will be for sale in a week or two when my new HQI come in.

Ordered a small strip Thursday, 3" x 24" w/around 140 8mm LED. I am going to pull one of the PC's off of the main reef and put this in it's place. Then I am going to use a couple of my SPS frags as guinea pigs.