SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Our June meeting will be Saturday, June 26 at Phil Foster Park in Palm Beach County.  This will be a snorkel trip in the park at the Blue Heron Bridge/snorkel trail.  Links for more info are below.  We will meet at the park at 9:30 am to coincide with the morning high tide (best visibility for snorkeling).  

Park address is: 

900 E. Blue Heron Blvd.
Riviera Beach, Fl 33404

https://www.colemanconcierge.com/diving-blue-heron-bridge/

https://wpbparks.com/west-palm-beach-parks/phil-foster-park/

Blue Heron Bridge Map

RickO and Lisa will be going.  I have snorkeled this site before and they have a great underwater trail with mounds of rocks, sunken boats and other fun stuff to look at including tropical fish.

I’ll be coming. I’ve been to Blue Heron Bridge before, and I’ve been dying to go again. If anyone wants to dive instead of snorkel, I’ll bring my dive gear, since I work at a dive shop now.

I’ll be coming. I’ve been to Blue Heron Bridge before, and I’ve been dying to go again. If anyone wants to dive instead of snorkel, I’ll bring my dive gear, since I work at a dive shop now.
Can we rent tanks from you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 5/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, blackthunda77 said:

Can we rent tanks from you?

No, unfortunately we don’t rent tanks. Plus my dive shop is in Fort Lauderdale instead of west Palm beach, and I’m not familiar enough with the dive shops in the area to know exactly which ones rent tanks

No, unfortunately we don’t rent tanks. Plus my dive shop is in Fort Lauderdale instead of west Palm beach, and I’m not familiar enough with the dive shops in the area to know exactly which ones rent tanks
So how are you going to dive if you don't have tanks? Or do you have your own? I'm just asking because I'd be interested to dive as well but I would need to have a tank or two so I though maybe I could pay you for an extra tank since you work at a shop.

15 minutes ago, blackthunda77 said:

So how are you going to dive if you don't have tanks? Or do you have your own? I'm just asking because I'd be interested to dive as well but I would need to have a tank or two so I though maybe I could pay you for an extra tank since you work at a shop.

I own my own tank, and I know there are dive shops in the west Palm beach area really nearby blue heron that probably rent tanks but I would have to Google it. If you really want, there is a different dive shop near me I can rent tanks from for $12 each. I may rent a second tank for myself, but 4 tanks is pretty much my limit for transporting due to car size, and 2 tanks is much more manageable for me. 

2 minutes ago, GatesoRay said:

I own my own tank, and I know there are dive shops in the west Palm beach area really nearby blue heron that probably rent tanks but I would have to Google it. If you really want, there is a different dive shop near me I can rent tanks from for $12 each. I may rent a second tank for myself, but 4 tanks is pretty much my limit for transporting due to car size, and 2 tanks is much more manageable for me. 

There is a place literally right before the bridge that rents tanks for $10 each, it’s called force-e scuba centers https://www.force-e.com/dive-shops/rentals/

Thanks, no worries. Not trying to give you work to do on my behalf, lol. Maybe I'll get my tanks filled here but ill have to get a vis on them since I haven't used them for a while. Otherwise I'll check out that shop you just mentioned.

17 hours ago, blackthunda77 said:

Thanks, no worries. Not trying to give you work to do on my behalf, lol. Maybe I'll get my tanks filled here but ill have to get a vis on them since I haven't used them for a while. Otherwise I'll check out that shop you just mentioned.

Don’t forget that hydros have to be done every 5 years too, so if it’s been too long you’ll have to have that done. I’m PSI/PCI certified to visually inspect scuba tanks but I don’t personally own any of the supplies to do so, otherwise I’d offer to do it for ya