Jump to content
SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Sign in to follow this  
jdhuyvetter

June Meeting - Keys Trip - June 27, 2020

Recommended Posts

The Keys have reopened, time to get out and have some fun!  Come to Marathon on Saturday, June 27 and join us for some snorkeling!

 

We have confirmed that the Blackfin Hotel on Marathon is open.  We have also confirmed that Capt. Hooks snorkel boat is running on Saturday.    We will be on the 8:30 am boat.  You can book hotel and your snorkel trip at the following links:

 

http://blackfinresort.com/

 

Link below is the snorkel trip.  Make sure you select Marathon as the location (they have three)

  https://captainhooks.rezdy.com/catalog/66335/diving-snorkeling?_ga=2.236208449.1760075161.1591925490-1641086231.1591304221

 

Post up here if you are going.  We can plan lunch and dinner on Saturday around the snorkel trip.  Sunday is on your own, although I have a hunch some people will be hitting the Horseshoe!  Tentative itenerary:

 

Friday night - Dinner somewhere on Marathon - location and time is TBD based on everyone's arrival 

 

Saturday am - Snorkel trip leaves at 8:30

Saturday 1pm (ish) - lunch on Marathon

Saturday pm - trip to the Horseshoe (Spanish Harbor).  This is a shallow snorkel spot right off the road.  There are some reef safe critters that can be collected here.  Make sure you bring a current saltwater fishing license if you plan to collect.  Rules have changed in recent years.  We will go over the rules before we hit the water.  Dive flag is required here as well.  If you don't have one, there will be other that do and you can "buddy up".

Saturday evening - Dinner somewhere - will update after lock it down....or we can decide as a group.  

 

Confirmed attendees:

Jeff

Rick +1

Alex +1

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackfin does not have online reservations available for June because of Covid 19.  You must call them directly at 305-743-2393.. I just made my reservations coming in Friday June 26 and leaving June 28.  RickO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to a small craft advisory today, the snorkel boats cancelled today and 99% certain tomorrow is off as well.

 

Bars just closed today until further notice.

 

So, Keys trip as a group is postponed.  Rick is already at the Blackfin if anyone planned on going but did not post up here.  Alex and I haven't left yet, so we pushed this one back until further notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...