SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
ronreefman

getting out of the hobby

I'm not sure just how far out of the hobby I'm going. I may sell everything, or I may keep one small tank. But for those of you who have been to my house or seen my tanks... and my warehouse of spare equipment, everything is for sale. I'll list equipment here soon.

Obviously livestock has to go first. My 50g cube has some sps and some lps corals in it and I'm willing to sell off frags and small colonies really cheap!

Some have already sold and what is left I'm willing to part with at ridiculous prices because I want the tank empty in two weeks! If you don't buy it, it goes away for free to a friend!

Idaho Grape (one 6"+ colony and frags): $10 for the colony, $2.50 for frags

Neon Green Birdsnest colony (6" x 3") that needed some TLC: $10

Striped Candy Cane colony (25+ heads in a tight bundle): $25

Blue Ridge Coral (two small colonies): $5

Frogspawn colony (5+ heads) $15

Hammer colony (5+ heads) $15

Yellow Rim Scroll coral: 3 small frags: $2.50

I have a couple paly frags & GSP frags: Free

I have a hand full of small sps frags I'd keep, but offer me even a reasonable price and they can be yours as well. Buy a lot and I'll give you some for free!

Thanks,
Ron

Text me at 239 699-6339 if you want to set up a time to come over. I'm in SW Cape Coral

Edited by ronreefman

The Idaho Grape colony and Striped Candy Cane are gone. I still have Idaho Grape frags for $2.50.

A nice Meteor Shower colony and unknown (but pretty chalice) are gone as well. Four nice corals for $50! Such a deal!

I still have lots of Live Rock as well. $2/lb

Hey Ron,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to exit the hobby.  I enjoyed visiting your tanks a couple weeks ago.  Do you plan to sell any of the flower anemones? 

Matt 

4 hours ago, Robb1 said:

Would you be available tomorrow early evening say around 5?

I should be. Text me before you head over.

4 hours ago, MMoore0324 said:

Hey Ron,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to exit the hobby.  I enjoyed visiting your tanks a couple weeks ago.  Do you plan to sell any of the flower anemones? 

Matt 

Thanks Matt, The rock flowers will be the last livestock I sell if somebody buys both tanks. If I end up with the 50g cube I'll keep the anemones.

1 minute ago, ronreefman said:

I should be. Text me before you head over.

Thanks Matt, The rock flowers will be the last livestock I sell if somebody buys both tanks. If I end up with the 50g cube I'll keep the anemones.

Good to hear.  Let me know if you want to part with one.  Had never really considered them until I saw yours.  

Matt, if you ever get over to Miami, there is an LFS named VIP Reef not too far from the airport. He collects them in the Keys and usually has a big variety of them, big as in hundreds of them. The last time I bought from him they were $80 for the really colorful ones and $60 for the ones that were only 1 or 2 colors.

Was good seeing you again Ron. Thanks for all the cool pieces. Not many places you can get frags and colonies for $10 a pop. Just moved them in the tank this morning after dipping them last night and acclimating them in the sump.

Hope you don't get out of the hobby, but if you do let me know about all those other cool pieces and. Zoas. Wish I had more cash on me last night, lol.

2bce1be26df88d7a3c8d4eb4ac8a6cbb.jpg166ae3eae18aa5bd11910c2751982e2e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks John. As I get the algea cleared up in the zoa tank I post it up. There are lots of rocks covered in zoas and some zoa frags, but they have hairy algae right now.

The Frogspawn, hammer, both blue ridge corals, all but one Idaho Grape frag, the pulsing xenia and a couple orange mushrooms are all gone.

I still have the birdsnest colony and I've cleaned it up: 10

2 scroll coral frags, 1 Idaho Grape frag, some palys, a GSP frag and a handful of damaged corals that are in various stages of recovery: any 2 for $5 or 4 for $15.

All the sps and lps corals are gone from the 50g cube. Once I get the algea under control in the 125g tank I'll post up zoas for sale.

But in the meantime I have hardware for sale, the more you buy, the better the deals get!

Maxi-Jet1200 very used: $5

Maxi-Jet 400 new in box: $10

Jebao WP-25 lightly used: $25

Jebao PP-8 almost new: $40

Jebao RW-15 new in box: $40

Jebao Crossflow CP-40, 1 new in box, 2 unused: $75

Jebao DC6000 return pump (unused): $50

Marine Aqua DC6000 return pump new in box: $50

Hydor Koralia Smart Wave with 2 small Hydor Koralia powerheads: $50

Controls any 2 powerheads that are 120v standard plug. Third small powerhead for $10

Hydor Koralia Wavemaker II: $25

Contoller works 2 wavemaker powerheads. I have 3 pumps with magnetic adjustable mounts and a photo-electric cell which was an option.

Reef Dosing Pumps: $30 ($179 new)

As seen at http://www.reefdosingpumps.com/nautilis.html

These are reconditioned medical grade dosing pumps that dose two channels (like alk and Ca) in equal amounts.

Reef Radiance D120 led fixture (very used, some rust, still works): $15

Reef Breeder Super Nova led fixtures, 2 new in box, 1 used for 12 months: $50

84 three watt leds driven at roughly one watt each, 6 channel color control, sunrise/sunset control, wifi control, carbon fiber case, stainless steel hanging kit. I used one for a year over my shallow reef tank and even sps corals did OK. Would work fine for any coral in a shallow tank (under 18”). Should work OK for zoas and softies even at 24” deep or over a refugium. These were intended to be high end fixtures but they couldn’t upgrade the custom led drivers to 3watts for use over 24” or deeper tanks at high PAR.

Reefi-Labs pendant led fixture: $100 (was $300 new)

Used 8 months over my frag tank and all the corals loved it.  50 Cree 3 watt leds, 6 channel color control, sunrise/sunset control, wifi control from laptop or cell phone. The pendant has a large glass lens that adjusts the light from a 2’x2’ to a 3’x3’ footprint.

Frag rack, 18”x8”, both use powerful old MaxiJet magnets. $5

CPR siphon overflow box, 9” wide and 10” deep inside the tank. Comes with an air pump (and a spare) so siphon is always maintained. $10

Big fish trap (very used): $10

Small fish trap (like new): $10

Reef Gently AccliMate Acclimator / Transporter Tank (like new): $25 (new $73)

You can see it at https://bit.ly/2JbyYBG

Acrylic Look Down Box, 4.5”, with glass magnifying lens: $20

One led blue moonlight w/power supply: $5

Filter Socks, 4”dia, 8” long, 200 micron felt, almost new: $10 for all 10socks

Filter Socks, 4”dia, 14” long, 200 micron nylon mesh, new: $15 for all 6 socks

Flow Meter, ¾” in-line, 50gph to 250gph $5

Titanium grounding probe: $5

Aqua Lifter air pumps, 4each, (for siphon overflows): $2

50 minutes ago, ronreefman said:

All the sps and lps corals are gone from the 50g cube. Once I get the algea under control in the 125g tank I'll post up zoas for sale.

But in the meantime I have hardware for sale, the more you buy, the better the deals get!

Maxi-Jet1200 very used: $5

Maxi-Jet 400 new in box: $10

Jebao WP-25 lightly used: $25

Jebao PP-8 almost new: $40

Jebao RW-15 new in box: $40

Jebao Crossflow CP-40, 1 new in box, 2 unused: $75

Jebao DC6000 return pump (unused): $50

Marine Aqua DC6000 return pump new in box: $50

Hydor Koralia Smart Wave with 2 small Hydor Koralia powerheads: $50

Controls any 2 powerheads that are 120v standard plug. Third small powerhead for $10

Hydor Koralia Wavemaker II: $25

Contoller works 2 wavemaker powerheads. I have 3 pumps with magnetic adjustable mounts and a photo-electric cell which was an option.

Reef Dosing Pumps: $30 ($179 new)

As seen at http://www.reefdosingpumps.com/nautilis.html

These are reconditioned medical grade dosing pumps that dose two channels (like alk and Ca) in equal amounts.

Reef Radiance D120 led fixture (very used, some rust, still works): $15

Reef Breeder Super Nova led fixtures, 2 new in box, 1 used for 12 months: $50

84 three watt leds driven at roughly one watt each, 6 channel color control, sunrise/sunset control, wifi control, carbon fiber case, stainless steel hanging kit. I used one for a year over my shallow reef tank and even sps corals did OK. Would work fine for any coral in a shallow tank (under 18”). Should work OK for zoas and softies even at 24” deep or over a refugium. These were intended to be high end fixtures but they couldn’t upgrade the custom led drivers to 3watts for use over 24” or deeper tanks at high PAR.

Reefi-Labs pendant led fixture: $100 (was $300 new)

Used 8 months over my frag tank and all the corals loved it.  50 Cree 3 watt leds, 6 channel color control, sunrise/sunset control, wifi control from laptop or cell phone. The pendant has a large glass lens that adjusts the light from a 2’x2’ to a 3’x3’ footprint.

Frag rack, 18”x8”, both use powerful old MaxiJet magnets. $5

CPR siphon overflow box, 9” wide and 10” deep inside the tank. Comes with an air pump (and a spare) so siphon is always maintained. $10

Big fish trap (very used): $10

Small fish trap (like new): $10

Reef Gently AccliMate Acclimator / Transporter Tank (like new): $25 (new $73)

You can see it at https://bit.ly/2JbyYBG

Acrylic Look Down Box, 4.5”, with glass magnifying lens: $20

One led blue moonlight w/power supply: $5

Filter Socks, 4”dia, 8” long, 200 micron felt, almost new: $10 for all 10socks

Filter Socks, 4”dia, 14” long, 200 micron nylon mesh, new: $15 for all 6 socks

Flow Meter, ¾” in-line, 50gph to 250gph $5

Titanium grounding probe: $5

Aqua Lifter air pumps, 4each, (for siphon overflows): $2

Ron,

I'll take the WP-25 for $25 and if you could do one of the DC6000's for $40 I'll take one of those too.  You can text me if you'd like.  

Thanks,

Matt 

MMoore and Stylo, the items you asked about are available and I'll hold them for you. Just call or text me and we can arrange a time. I'm busy during the day this Sat & Sun with autocross out at Buckingham Airfield. If you want to pick up out there, I can take the parts out there with me and you can stop by, pick up the parts and see some autocross (it costs a dollar to get into the property). I'll be in the blue Toyota 86 with number 963 on the door (the Toyota 86 is the replacement for the Scion FRS).

Rob, glad to hear that everybody is doing OK. Thanks for helping me clear out those injured corals and I hope they continue to recover in your tank. Now I can rebuild inside the 50g cube and start cleaning some of the zoas so they can go up for sale.

I'll update the hardware list this afternoon, several items have been sold and there will be a couple of new additions as well.

MMoore and Stylo, the items you asked about are available and I'll hold them for you. Just call or text me and we can arrange a time. I'm busy during the day this Sat & Sun with autocross out at Buckingham Airfield. If you want to pick up out there, I can take the parts out there with me and you can stop by, pick up the parts and see some autocross (it costs a dollar to get into the property). I'll be in the blue Toyota 86 with number 963 on the door (the Toyota 86 is the replacement for the Scion FRS).

Ron,

Will you be available this afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update : Both DC6000 pumps, the WP25 wave maker and the acclimation box are sold.

New additions:

Eheim 300W aquarium heater with temp control, foam carrier/cover: $15

Sun Blaster 48” t5 fixture with shade and inline on/off switch: $25

Coralife t5 10K 54w: $5

Giesemann t5 Aqua Blue 54w: $10

SunBlaster 6400K 54w: $5

All 3 t4 bulbs :            $15

Led conversion bulb for t5 fixture 48” 440nm & 390nm: $50

Fixture and all 4 bulbs: $75

Precision Marine Systems WC610 skimmer waste collection system, 1 gallon, mint condition, see it here https://www.precisionmarine.com/product/wc410/   :   $80 ($169 new) 

Hi Rick,

I have the 300 watt Eheim heater.  

I also have 3 Reef Breeders Super Nova fixtures and the Reefi-Labs pendant. One Super Nova may be sold but it hasn't been paid for or picked up yet and I may keep the used one as a spare if I end up keeping the 50g cube aquarium. But if somebody really wanted 2 of them, I'd be willing to sell them both. These are the same fixture that I have used for the last year over my 65g shallow reef in the back room that was thin and has a carbon fiber case rather than steel or aluminum. The Reefi-Lab pendant is the one I had over the frag tank and it has 50 Cree leds. Both fixtures have wifi control, six channels of color control and sunrise/sunset control.

Oh, I also have the Reef Radiance D120 black box fixture which was over the refugium. It's old and basic and a bit rusty!

Edited by ronreefman

One new and one used Jebao Cross Flow CP40 wave pumps sold.

One VERY lightly used one is still available. But it only to 2 hours to sell the other two on Reef Central at higher prices.