SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
nottarts23

February 19Th Frag Auction Wish List

Chris, Eric can put a reserve on it and then I can decide if I want to pay that much. Like Matt, I'd like to see some different corals, higher end corals. Right now I have 4 sps corals that are a bit less common to do. I wish I could show you the colonies in my frag tank under blue leds!tongue.gif

If a frag of that monti makes it to the auction it will probably have a reserve, nothing crazy though.

As for my wish list I would like to see some nice big polyp palys as I'm working on getting the bottom of my display tank covered by corals and I'm in need of colorful palys.

I'm curious about what people want to pay for frags and what size they are looking for.

Are you looking for small $5-10 frags, medium $10-20 frags, large $20-30 frags or colonies $30+ ?

Are you looking for beginner, experienced or expert corals?

Do you want softies, LPS, SPS ?

We are looking between $20-50+ we would like some larger colonies to fill in some spots in main display. We are looking for corals that we don't see in LFS every time we walk in. Also we do not want corals that need a ton of care like daily hand feeding.

I'm curious about what people want to pay for frags and what size they are looking for.

Are you looking for small $5-10 frags, medium $10-20 frags, large $20-30 frags or colonies $30+ ?

Are you looking for beginner, experienced or expert corals?

Do you want softies, LPS, SPS ?

$5-10 colonies, DUH!

See I have some questions about this not that my corals are rare or super unique. But take something like my colony of about 50+ polyps of eagle eye zoas. Should I do the whole thing or should I split it into 3 frags of equal sizes. Same issue with a hammer colony. What do you all think?

Chris,

IMHO and limited past experience selling at the auction you are likely to do better with 3 smaller colonies. Most, not all, but most buyers at the auction are looking for lower cost and bigger colonies tend to carry prices that don't get bid up enough. Maybe only a very few people are willing to bid on bigger colonies and that lack of competition means less bidders pushing the price up.

It's possible that if even just 2 people are looking for that particular coral and able to bid on a good size colony, they could bid it up to a respectable price, but I wouldn't count on it.

That's just my 2 cents worth of advice.

Ron

With the lack of input, it does make it hard to frag wanted corals. How ever I do have red on red blasto I was thinking of bringing the amount of interest would determine 1 or more frags

I will be attending this year, and will be looking mainly for colonies. I will have much to large a tank to be looking for frag plugs. Id need 300 of them to notice them. lol.

Crap. Scratch that. I'm getting married that day. Lmao

This made my day smile.gif

I am not even joking. I wasnt paying attention to the date, and was telling my fiance about it being on the 19th, and she says "will you make it to the wedding on time?"

hahahahaha ooooops.

Pricing at the auction is pretty open. Sellers can ask for a minimum but there is always good deals. You can look at the past years auction posts to see what has been in the past.

if anyone is looking for rarer corals I have a war paint scoly that would blow your ming, but it would be a very high reserve. pmfor pic if interested or txt 941-979-0167