SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
ChemStar

January 14Th Meeting - Miami Field Trip

For our January meeting we will be touring Living Color Aquariums facility in Fort Lauderdale on

Saturday, January 14th at 10:00 am. Plan on arriving at 9:45 am.

Headquartered in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, Living Color is world-renowned for designing and manufacturing iconic custom acrylic aquariums, water features, acrylic art, and themed exhibits. Their primary mission is to create epic aquatic experiences that inspire and captivate onlookers, all while adhering to a proven philosophy that puts its main focus on providing a healthy and safe environment for all of the inhabitants. Over their long history they have crafted a wide range of custom acrylic aquariums, water features, touch tanks, themed exhibits, and even acrylic swimming pools!

It takes about 2 hours from Estero to their facility.

For those wanting to carpool, please organize that in this thread.

I would suggest a 7:15 am meeting spot in Fort Myers and leaving at 7:30 am. In the past we have met at the rest area at Daniels and I-75.

The address is 6850 NW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Followed by lunch at the Rustic Inn and then a trip to Hydra

Rustic Inn Crabhouse: 4331 Anglers Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Hydra Aquatics: 1300 Stirling Rd Ste 7a, Dania Beach, FL 33004

Carpool Locations:

Fort Myers - Rest Area at Daniels and I-75 (meet at 7:15)

Lehigh Acres - Jeff's House at 104 Sebring Circle (meet at 7:15)

Jeff

Charlie

Naples - Wal-Mart Parking lot on 951, just south of I-75(meet at 7:30)

Micah

Tour will be 1 to 1.5 hours.

After that, nothing set in stone as a group, open to suggestions. In the past, we have generally hit some of the local stores in the area.

As for me....lunch at Azteca!

Changed my mind. Rustic Inn is closer and I'm craving some blackened Mahi.

How much is this tour? This is the first time and im a new user to this thread. So when you guys plan trips like this does it cost money to get in to these places? or just the expenses to travel to other coast. i might not be able to make this one but would like to get into traveling with the group at some point. TIA

How much is this tour? This is the first time and im a new user to this thread. So when you guys plan trips like this does it cost money to get in to these places? or just the expenses to travel to other coast. i might not be able to make this one but would like to get into traveling with the group at some point. TIA

Some of our trips/meetings/activities are free and some involve a small fee. Sometimes there is only a fee for non-club members, as club members pay annual dues. For a couple of events club members pay one fee and non-club members pay a bit more. The fees are usually small, we try to keep it affordable for everyone. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see you around. Maybe consider taking out a membership. It's a great way to meet other people in the hobby.

I'd like to go, but I'm down a car (major engine repair... darn hot rod) and Elaine has appointments she has to get to. Anybody looking for a hitchhiker?

Is there a requirement to let someone know if planning to attend? If so, what is the deadline to RSVP? Or do we simply show up and enjoy the tour?

Is there a requirement to let someone know if planning to attend? If so, what is the deadline to RSVP? Or do we simply show up and enjoy the tour?

Only if you plan on carpooling. Otherwise, show up an enjoy the tour. I did update the OP with carpool locations and times of departure. If you plan on meeting at one of those locations, let us know which location and how many in your group and we can update accordingly.

hey ron what let loose ? did if fail on the street or track,....dammed hot rodders ha ! charlie

Charlie,

The ECU had just been flashed with new software and then test driven HARD so we knew all was well. Then my tuner put it on the dyno and at just 5500 rpm (2000 below redline) it put a rod through the block. The good news is the repair shop is picking up most of the bill to fix. But I'm without a car!

Ron huh.gif

Charlie, I sent you a PM. No, the car will be at least a couple of weeks yet.

So is anybody from the Cape Coral area going on this trip? Do you have room for a extra rider that will pay for the gas? Time is drawing short.

I live in Naples, and can be at the Walmart location (mentioned in the first post) at 730 if someone is interested in riding with me. I am a new member - Micah Bishop, shoot me a text if you to meet up 979-571-2319