SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
JonDubs

New To The Forums

Just wanted to introduce myself, new to the forum but not the hobby. I got my first saltwater tank when I was 18 or 19 (turn 30 tomorrow ohmy.gif ) it was a 55 gallon fish only with live rock. I knew nothing about saltwater aquaria at the time but became addicted instantly. I grew up in southeast Florida and the ocean has always been my passion. Im open water and advanced scuba certified, fish whenever I get the chance, ive own 4 boats, and I am finishing a degree in Marine Science at FGCU (if anyone is looking for an intern, Id love to talk).

Since my first 55g FOWLR, I have had a 75g reef (mostly softies), a 72g reef (mixed sps/lps/softies), a 20g mixed reef, and now I currently have a 90g mixed reef and still have the 20g mixed reef.

Here is a photo of the 90g, ill get more up when I figure out a more sufficient way to upload photos.( For whatever reason they upload in the wrong direction even when i edit photo before hand)post-12504-012386900 1478034168_thumb.jpg

Great looking tank. Welcome to the club. Please check out the meetings page for our meetings. We also have a section for other club events. There is a great event coming up next weekend in Nokomis. 201 Sunset Dr, Nokomis, FL 34275-3116.

Here is the link to the forum post that takes you to the Facebook page. http://www.swfmas.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12432-brian-greens-multi-club-and-frag-auction/page__p__110902__hl__green__fromsearch__1#entry110902

We also have our local meeting the following weekend. Here is the link for that. http://www.swfmas.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12417-november-meeting/

Look forward to meeting you and talking shop.

Very nice looking reef tank, man! And congratulations on identifying your passion and becoming the best at it. You have a great future ahead of you.

Welcome to the club!

Do you have your pics at Photo-bucket or some thing similar? I found it better to upload them in to the forum. For some reason when I used Photo-bucket the full size pictures did not come up. Also if I changed my photos around in the bucket the link gets messed up.

1478052245[/url]' post='111026']

Do you have your pics at Photo-bucket or some thing similar? I found it better to upload them in to the forum. For some reason when I used Photo-bucket the full size pictures did not come up. Also if I changed my photos around in the bucket the link gets messed up.

No, took them on my phone and just posted from my phone. I may try to open a flickr account and go from there.