SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
wiszmaster

Cristina & Marco's Little Ocean - Revision 17B

The tank is looking amazing Marco. It almost upsets me that your tank can look that good so quickly.

I'd be terrified to see what my water results would come back looking like. I didn't even know you could test for half of that stuff.

Scott - I appreciate it. As we all know it's not always easy going, but this one has been pretty smooth running.

Anytime you want to swing by, let me know. I'm right down winkler, about 7 minutes from you.

How is your tank doing? Hoping well?

Here are some pics I took this morning before leaving the house..

I'm not happy with the equipment cabinet, the wire mess is distracting, and I can't wait to replace the vinegar bottles ... Been waiting for a new dosing reservoir unit, but it appears that it did not get shipped this time around. :(

b92b732e450905555c151861cc3d59c1.jpg

3e9504cb5fbe8ff276b58cb18b5abeab.jpg

ea2ae0fb78b693f1b7f6a8b9ac9299bf.jpg

dd89671b34ecce96d8a734172815d9cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank is looking great.

Thanks Eric. It's slowly coming along.

Seems you and I are the most active in keeping the build threads going :P/>

Yea it seems that way lol!

I'm assuming you are going to have wrasses since you put a lid on the tank?

Yes, I'm interested in a couple of wrasses, and some anthias again.

Yes, I'm interested in a couple of wrasses, and some anthias again.

That automatic feeder is going to come in handy for the anthias once you get them eating pellets!

Which anthias are you thinking of getting?

Got around to hard plumbing the tank this week, installed the flow sensor and changed some programming to enable some more features..

Also plumbed in a manifold and connected a new phos media reactor.

0932d31f749df6f16fefdc897141ebb4.jpg

eafc3d69cc20cbe3d98bbebd38046448.jpg

f6ec5dccb307728c43cc50da9c173694.jpg

9748dd80e8b52c5d5370c079b7b768b6.jpg

12ae5ba123aa4e6a6289ec663f1624db.jpg

https://vimeo.com/177937923

One of the features is specified flow.

I can set the desired flow I would like, in my case I set it for 1,200 lph, the flow sensor senses the flow, and adjusts the return pump up/down based on sensor feedback.

I can now keep flow to the display constant, and adjust the media reactors without affecting the return.

50890e6fefcd50065723208b0e32f0ee.jpg

Thank You Christian!

It's slow going, but we haven't been in a rush. Since dialing in the dosers a month or so ago, things have been very stable, and growing considerably.

28daa48611cef79c57f77c07292e9c11.jpg

fa0c7dbfcfe645319561c1c884ad0837.jpg

I finally got around to automating the cabinet lighting. Look Ma, no switches...

lol, it looks like you took a picture of the something in the dark! :lol:

Man I love how nice looking your sump area is! I am hoping to achieve that tomorrow-friday once this cast comes off tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, what are you dosing right now? I've been dosing using BRS calcium-mix, Arm & Hammer Baking soda from Costco (Baked in the oven), and nothing on the third dosing head (I used to dose Vinegar on this one, but I've switched to Prodibio... and glad I did as the vinegar kept breaking the valve on the dosing line plus I don't have to worry about anything for two weeks). I've just switch to Aqua Forest's 1+, 2+, 3+ Component Strong a few days ago (After redoing/cleaning up my dosing system... which was stupid of me to do in a leg cast!). I'm really looking forward to its continued use.

Update: We moved. Doh.

Yes, the tank was moved, thanks to the help of a couple of people, we were able to move the tank in one afternoon, without much loss.

Move Thread: http://www.swfmas.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12385-sunday-runday-funday-wait-its-saturday-lets-move-a-tank/

We're in the process of removing all of the substrate, going to give bare bottom a try...

Yes, the tank was moved, thanks to the help of a couple of people, we were able to move the tank in one afternoon, without much loss.

Move Thread: http://www.swfmas.co...ts-move-a-tank/

We're in the process of removing all of the substrate, going to give bare bottom a try...

How are you removing the sand? Im in the process of doing the same. Im just siphoning some out during my weekly water changes.

Move Thread: http://www.swfmas.co...ts-move-a-tank/

How are you removing the sand? Im in the process of doing the same. Im just siphoning some out during my weekly water changes.

Same here, each water change take some more out...

6df02a115f224d3ce2734fc34c75aa04.jpg

8d1f69e1650bfaad27a711b29ce08cb2.jpg

2dcdf886b85653f09940b3b46bcf740f.jpg

what do you plan on doing with the eggcrate?

That I am not sure yet. I may leave it, or clip it out ... or I may take all the rock out again, and lift the egg crate out. PITA regardless.

This tank has been sold, and picked up - with Livestock. Maybe the new owners will post up :)

This was a great tank, been fun and was very easy to run, with the right equipment. New tank? ... stay tuned.

On 12/27/2017 at 7:26 PM, wiszmaster said:

Right after yours :-p !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:rolleyes:B):lol:

128gkv.jpg

Edited by Eric Noa