SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
zyphen

8Th Annual Swfmas Reef Conference

The schedule has been updated with speaker times.

Also the items that have been donated for our raffle are being updated almost daily.

I copied this from www.reefconference.com You can purchase tickets there. We are working on some surprises for the banquet so get your tickets soon.

Friday Dinner Banquet Tickets ($33 per person)

Banquet Topic: Holistic Husbandry: A new era of aquarium care. Mark Vera.

Synopsis:

The words "holistic aquarium" conjures up a hippie cult of oregano dosing aquarists. Fear not! This discussion will approach a new way of looking at your aquatic systems that takes the entire ecosystem into account and not individual life forms. We will delve into the nuances of husbandry, nutrition and nutrient control and how they are all connected. This will include a discussion of aquatic theology of science and result based methodology that will enlighten aquarists. This presentation aims to provide tools for hobbyists to build a comprehensive knowledge base and independent problem solving.

Biography:

Mark Vera has been keeping marine aquariums for 22 years, during which he has worked in most capacities of the aquarium industry including retail, wholesale, maintenance and manufacturing. Mark had the honor of serving as President of the Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders Association in 2009-2010, and has extensive experience in public and private Seahorse breeding projects.

Being an active Divemaster for over a decade, Mark travels extensively throughout the world collecting specimens, exploring dive sites and worked as a regular exhibit diver at the John G. Shedd Aquarium. Vocationally, Mark has operated a specialty aquarium installation and service company and was a regular contributor to C… The Journal of Aquatic Science. He is also the Sr. Director of Operations and development at Aqua-Tech Co. and the creator of many products such as the AZOX, Phyto2 and S.E.L.C.O. BOOST product lines. Mark continues research on the value of aquaculture plankton, nutrient control and feeding stimulants in the captive aquarium as well as refugia and natural life support system design.

I purchased banquet and Saturday tickets via PayPal will I get confermation on here or email, Or will I be on a list the day of?

You should have received a receipt confirmation from PayPal. I do have your name on our list. I can forward you the email confirmation from PayPal if you need it. It would have gone to your email on file with Paypal ([email protected])

Thanks,

Matt.

You should have received a receipt confirmation from PayPal. I do have your name on our list. I can forward you the email confirmation from PayPal if you need it. It would have gone to your email on file with Paypal ([email protected])

Thanks,

Matt.

I did get one from PayPal but wanted to make sure it went through I have had problems in the past with paypal. Thamnks

Another well run and very enjoyable Reef Conference. Kudos to everybody who helped make this happen, from the planning to the running. And an extra special THANKYOU to Jeff for all the raffle goods he manages to get. You out did yourself. I thought last year's $340 retail cost of raffle goods I got for $100 in tickets was great, but this year I just totaled it up and it's $450... holy payback Batman. Thanks again to everybody.

Ron

Great thanks to everyone that helped! For me was double duty since this is the first time trying to sell. Did not go so well because my corals decided it would be a good time to have a gang fight. My zoas basically said I and going to hide until we get back home. My Hollywood stunners, confusa and Jason Fox Mystic Sunset were the losers in the fight. Not to worry though none were my mother colonies. Once everything opens back up I will get pics and post for sale. If you want to swing by and check them out just PM me and I will send you the address.