Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

fernb

Idea To Stimulate More Bids On Auction Items For Next Year

I just had an idea that may help increase bidding pressure in next year's auction. How about every winning bid getting one raffle entry towards the mail raffle item. You cannot purchase or get entries any other way.

I for one would bid just more dollar or two just to get an extra entry. What do you all think?

Fern

Thanks for your suggestion Fern, we will bring it up at our event review at the next BOD meeting.

Thanks,

Matt.

Based on this year's auction, that would be 419 raffle tickets! And, the raffle would have to be done well after the auction is over. Would probably work if we limited it somehow.

Each bidder would be limited to say 5 tickets, since a lot of people had over 5 purchases. Kind of defeats the purpose of the idea I guess but could work, we have a long time to prep unless we want to do a auction in the spring or something, which I would be down for :)/>

CR

Just an idea. I didn't say it was a good one, lol.

I always write ideas down as soon as I get them because I know I will forget if I don't.

There were too many duplicate corals on the auction. This would work better if there were only two of each.

Was any sort of advertising done? NewsPress, NPR? I know they will do feature articles/advertising for us since we are not for profit organization.

just my two cents.

Advertisements at LFS?

Could be merged into the whole "Sponsor/LFS Membership"

Basically Free Advertisements at their store for upcoming events in the club. I'm sure we pushed enough traffic to them over the year.

Just an idea..

Edited by N00ZE

Advertisements at LFS?

Could be merged into the whole "Sponsor/LFS Membership"

Basically Free Advertisements at their store for upcoming events in the club. I'm sure we pushed enough traffic to them over the year.

Just an idea..

We can't advertize an auction at a LFS, it's direct competition to their business. We advertise our monthly meetings with speakers and our annual reef conference at most of the LFS with posters. We also currently advertise our meetings on Facebook, craigslist and other reef related forums.

If anyone has connections at Newspress, NaplesDailyNews and NPR, we would gladly advertise there too.

If anyone has connections at Newspress, NaplesDailyNews and NPR, we would gladly advertise there too.

I used to e-mail a press release to News-Press before any upcoming Hybiscus club meetings, with info on speaker and topic.

I also used to have NPR announce on the air any upcoming meetings.

Daily breeze the same as News-Press.

We would get one to two new members a meeting as a result.

Free advertising for our club, why not.