SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Cubed Reefer

Marine Color 3-Head Programmable Doser Group Buy

Hey guys! This is the Marline Color Doser group buy. I was thinking about buying one myself and figured we can all save some money by getting together and buy a decent amount of them. I will get to the details smile.gif

Supplier: We are ordering directly from the supplier Marine Color.

Target amount of units: 10+

Original Cost: $140.00 + Shipping (Fish Street)

Cost if target order is reached: At ten plus units, each unit is $100 + $20 Shipping, this shipping is Express Air shipping not the 2-4 weeks shipping. So $120 Shipped for a brand new three head programmable doser?! Yes!

Payment Types: PayPal/Cash, however cash would be preferred for ease of transfer.

Shipping: All units will be shipped to my house in South Fort Myers near the Rutenburg baseball fields.

Duration of Buy: 9/25 - 10/8

GvnnopZ.png

(Description and picture from site)

Feature

• Automatically micro-computer control
  • Pump is supplied a long life Pharmed hose(lifespan is 60 times than silicon tubes)
  • Interactive interface parameter settings
  • Use Calibration system, to Calibrate pumps, more currency
  • Can set start/end time for each pumps
  • Can manage up to 6 channel of expansion

Specifications

• Model: MCD-3-M
  • Power: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
  • Accuracy: better than ± 3%
  • Size: 220x140x60mm
  • Flow:1-9999ml
  • Cycle : Max :24 cycle per day
  • 6M Tube include
  • A measuring cylinder included

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask or if I missed something let me know! Thanks for looking.

I will update list as more people want to join.

CR

Edited by Cubed Reefer

How does this system deal with power outages? Does it just pick up and runbas it was set to before the power outage (I have my doubts). And if it does, what kind of battery does it use to hold it's memory? Neither of the 2 more expensive dual dosing pumps I use now can hold their memory, so it's not uncommon.

Or does it lose it's memory and just shutoff (at this price I'm OK with that).

Or does it shut off and require a manual reset?

Ron

How does this system deal with power outages? Does it just pick up and runbas it was set to before the power outage (I have my doubts). And if it does, what kind of battery does it use to hold it's memory? Neither of the 2 more expensive dual dosing pumps I use now can hold their memory, so it's not uncommon.

Or does it lose it's memory and just shutoff (at this price I'm OK with that).

Or does it shut off and require a manual reset?

Ron

I found this in post #7 of the link Marco threw up. " One thing I like is that is has an internal battery so it can keep time during a power outage."

Good question and I am glad they have a battery smile.gif

So far I have seen prob 90% good reviews and from people that have had them over a year at that, however some also had problems like any other piece of aquarium equipment can however a lot of the bad reviews seems to be "User Error"

CR

Edited by Cubed Reefer

Do you guys think I will need a doser with my new tank setup, 80 gallon plus 40 gallon sump? If so I would be interested in getting one.

Thanks

Fern

Depends on if it will be a FOWLER or a Mixed reef Fern, IF mixed reef or with any corals in that matter I would recommend picking one up.

It's going to be my Zoanthid dominated tank, lol. I may let a few fish share the space. So I guess I will need one.

Do you guys think I will need a doser with my new tank setup, 80 gallon plus 40 gallon sump? If so I would be interested in getting one.

Thanks

Fern

In my opinion Fern I have been needing a doser for my 60 Cube + 15 Sump, because once everything starts growing kicking in you would be surprised how much in my case alk is getting gobbled by my SPS corals and it would be nice to just have a piece that does exact measurements of dosing because if I miss a day of hand dosing my alk can really fall down and building it up is a lot harder than keeping it stable I have found. However for a larger tank in this case for you prob over a 100g combined I think it would be a good addition, at the start maybe not because of everything is just getting added but once everything is settled I would say would probably be a good investment, but that's just me but being a pure zoa tank I do not know how much dosing would be needed in the long run, Jon might know better than me! Thanks for the interest smile.gif

CR

Edited by Cubed Reefer

Thanks

Fern

In my opinion Fern I have been needing a doser for my 60 Cube + 15 Sump, because once everything starts growing kicking in you would be surprised how much in my case alk is getting gobbled by my SPS corals and it would be nice to just have a piece that does exact measurements of dosing because if I miss a day of hand dosing my alk can really fall down and building it up is a lot harder than keeping it stable I have found. However for a larger tank in this case for you prob over a 100g combined I think it would be a good addition, at the start maybe not because of everything is just getting added but once everything is settled I would say would probably be a good investment, but that's just me but being a pure zoa tank I do not know how much dosing would be needed in the long run, Jon might know better than me! Thanks for the interest smile.gif

CR

Right now on my 29 gallon biocube without a sump I have to dose two part every day by hand just to maintain my cal and alkalinity. I have a heavy coral bioload. I will probably end up with over 300 hundred varieties of zoanthids when I fill that 80 gallon display so in time I will definitely need the doser.

Marco & Paul, thanks for the follow up and link. That was very useful.

Fern, zoas don't use much calcium as they don't make any skeleton. I'm not 100% sure, but if they are using calcium, I don't think they will be using alk or mag either. Those 3 chemicals are all what LPS & SPS use to make skeleton.

Depends on if it will be a FOWLER or a Mixed reef Fern, IF mixed reef or with any corals in that matter I would recommend picking one up.

It's going to be my Zoanthid dominated tank, lol. I may let a few fish share the space. So I guess I will need one.

If it's going to be zoas only, I wouldn't shell out the coin for it. It wouldn't be worth the $. At that price, it would be nice to have on your mixed reef tank so you can get away from manually dosing. Trust me..You will wonder why you ever dosed by hand once you get the spoils of automated dosing of 2 part. These things are basically set it and forget it. At least that's how it is with my Bubble Magus Doser.

d

If it's going to be zoas only, I wouldn't shell out the coin for it. It wouldn't be worth the $. At that price, it would be nice to have on your mixed reef tank so you can get away from manually dosing. Trust me..You will wonder why you ever dosed by hand once you get the spoils of automated dosing of 2 part. These things are basically set it and forget it. At least that's how it is with my Bubble Magus Doser.

I did some research online and on reef central pertaining to these dosers, as I may be interested in one in the near future...from what I read, there is a battery back up....the bubble Magnus heads are interchangeable with these pumps...in fact some people have changes the pumps as soon as they got them with the bubble Magnus....the only problem I read was that theses dosers sometimes have broken heads on them upon arrival...other than that they seem solid....I am considering getting one....thx cr for the group buy option....

Conan

Np man save some money, I saw that some people do that immediately. I believe this is a clone of it anyway (Bm Doser). The BM Replacement heads are 24.99 from BRS. However I am looking to hopefully use the stock ones for awhile.

Let me know people :rolleyes:/> hoping this can be successful!

CR

I have me and two buddies that want to buy these....so count three people in and I will paypal you the money....let me know...

Conan

Alright so 3 for Conan. I think I am gonna collect the payments in the couple days before I wire everything.

CR

List

CR - 1

CandReef - 3

Looking like I am going to have to extend the due date because there has been no one else wanting to join the buy yet.

Still stands at:

Me - 1

Conan -3 total

6 More guys!

CR