SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Hey everyone,

There was apparently somehow an issue with the booking, and the Auction has to be moved. We did some quick calling around, and we have booked the STARS complex in Ft. Myers from 11:00AM on. Here is a link to the locatioan:

http://www.cityftmyers.com/recreation/Attractions/STARSComplexPool/tabid/838/Default.aspx

2980 Edison Ave

Ft. Myers, FL

Here is a link with directions from the Riverside Community Center to the STARS complex:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=stars+complex+ft+myers&fb=1&gl=us&hq=stars+complex&hnear=0x88db420189a85429:0xc62908530aba258a,Fort+Myers,+FL&cid=0,0,10562693858766635000&ei=4L96UKrMCOqK2wW-9IHIBg&sqi=2&ved=0CGwQ_BIwBg

Thank you for your understanding!

-The BOD

The wife and I had an awesome time at the frag auction...the food was good, everyone was nice, and there were some awesome corals to be had....we walked away with 6 new pieces (thx to Ed Williams for four of them :blink:/>/> )...thank you to everyone who made it possible....looking forward to next years....

Conan

All in all i think it went very well.it was great seeing everyone again and i hope you all had fun.wish i could have stayed for the whole thing but i guess someone has to work tonight. 7 am can't get here soon enough. :blink:/>/>

Dave

MEGA thanks to all who made this event happen! The first scenic location would've been great, but the second location fell together seemingly so well. I know it was a load of stress but y'all pulled it off beautifully!!! Your professionalism is second to none. Truly. There was a fantastic variety of corals and the crowd was into it and having fun.

Great day, great people, and great corals. Thank you again so much!

John, Doreen and Aeden DeStefano

Apologies for the mix up. this one is on me. I signed the contract and it clearly states October 21. We booked about 6-7 months back. Not sure if the 14th was one of the alternate days we looked at, or if I mixed up last spring (was booked and on the 14th (April) or if I was stuck in 2011, which was the second Sunday instead of the third Sunday). Once it was posted on the website, we never double checked the contract and just ran with the date that was posted. Anyway, my bad, somebody needs to fire me!

Thanks to the City of Fort Myers staff for being so incredibly helpful and getting us another location on about a half hour notice! (Yes, I've already called to thank them in person this morning)

Thanks to Sonny's BBQ for allowing us to up the food at the last minute and change the venue.

Thanks to the volunteers! They all did an extremely good job in pulling off this relocation at the last minute. We actually could have started the auction on time, but decided to delay to allow anyone that got to Riverside at 1 pm time to get to the new location.

And lastly, a big thanks to Robin for agreeing to stay behind at Riverside and pass out directions and maps to all those that showed up there.

So next time you see me, I may have a new tattoo on my forehead with a date and location! We will definitely double and then triple check before posting the date on the website!