SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
jdhuyvetter

General Info About The Auction

Our annual Fall Frag Auction will be Sunday, October 14. This auction is open to all (members and non members alike). However, you must be a paid SWFMAS member to sell at the auction.

Riverside Community Center

3061 East Riverside Drive

Fort Myers

Door Fee:

SWFMAS Members - $3 (or buy lunch and save $1, $10 for entry and lunch)

Other Florida MAS - $4

No Club Affilitation - $5

Food:

Sonnys BBQ

$8/person (includes 1 drink)

Drinks (water & soda) $1 each

Doors Open to Volunteers and Sellers:

9 am

Doors Open to Public:

11 am

Food Served:

11:30 am

Auction Start:

1 pm

This will be an auction only. More info will be posted as we get closer to the event.

Yes, not as big as the spring reef conference. But, Instant Ocean has donated about 20 cases of various products. Plus, there were some late items for the reef conference that I held til the fall (BRS and eShopps). I will also bring the homemade rock that the club made in the spring.

Dr. Foster and Smith donated some goody bags. These will be supplemented with some of the Instant Ocean Products noted above as well as with some frag sample packs from the Alternative Reef that they gave me at MACNA.

There are about 50 goody bags and they will go to the first 50 registered bidders at the auction (FYI, this includes the volunteers as they get there first for set up and thus, get registered first)

Please note that these are one per bidder and not one per person! In other words, if you show up with your spouse and 4 kids, you only get one bag and not 6!

Our annual Fall Frag Auction will be Sunday, October 14. This auction is open to all (members and non members alike). However, you must be a paid SWFMAS member to sell at the auction.

Riverside Community Center

3061 East Riverside Drive

Fort Myers

Door Fee:

SWFMAS Members - $3 (or buy lunch and save $1, $10 for entry and lunch)

Other Florida MAS - $4

No Club Affilitation - $5

Food:

Sonnys BBQ

$8/person (includes 1 drink)

Drinks (water & soda) $1 each

Doors Open to Volunteers and Sellers:

9 am

Doors Open to Public:

11 am

Food Served:

11:30 am

Auction Start:

1 pm

This will be an auction only. More info will be posted as we get closer to the event.

What forms of payment will be accepted at the auction?

Just to let everyone know I picked up the wireless mic and speaker system today! Jeff will be heard! I will also be bringing an extra projector and my IPAD and Square reader. Anything else?

Just to let everyone know I picked up the wireless mic and speaker system today! Jeff will be heard! I will also be bringing an extra projector and my IPAD and Square reader. Anything else?

Lots of money

Can't wait for the auction, hopefully I walk away with some goodies for my 40g reef setup.. This will be my first attending of a swfmas event..!

I'm a member and my dad isn't but I want to bring him, and also get lunch so will it be $23 at the door or $20 since he's my plus 1..?

you have a few options:

If you don't plan on getting a SWFMAS club membership, the entry fee is $5 per person. Lunch is an additional $8 per person including 1 drink, but you needed to RSVP for lunch by October 7th to guarantee a lunch ticket. If there is enough food, we will sell additional tickets.

At this point your cost would be either $10 for entry only or $26 for entry with lunch.

If you join the SWFMAS club, you can get either an individual membership provided you are over 18($15 / year) and pay an additional $3 entry fee and $5 for your Dad, or $10 for your entry + lunch and $13 for your Dad's entry + lunch.

With the purchase of an individual SWFMAS club membership, your cost would be $20 for individual membership + entry only, or $38 for individual membership + entry + lunch

If you join the SWFMAS club you can get a family membership (required for minors) which will cover you and your Dad for $20 a year. If you do this, you would pay $3 per person additional for entry only for a total cost of $26, or $10 per person additional for entry + lunch, for a total cost of $40.

While this costs more initially, if you are planning to be active at meetings and events it will save you money in the course of a year.

Memberships can be purchased online using paypal; just click on join club form the home page. Or you can purchase at any meeting or event. At tomorrow's event we will be accepting cash, check, and credit.

Look forward to meeting you.