SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Reef_Fan09

Fish I Ordered From Liveaquaria Diver's Den!

Good lookin anthias's....let me know how the shipment goes and the arrival...I am thinking about ordering from them but I have no experience with em...

Thx

Conan

Good lookin anthias's....let me know how the shipment goes and the arrival...I am thinking about ordering from them but I have no experience with em...

Thx

Conan

Conan,

I did a small group buy from LA (Live Aquaria) with 3 other people. They shipped 14 items all triple bagged with one bag (the middle one) being extra thick! That alone was pretty impressive. Part of my order was 5 stoplight cardinals and 4 of them were DOA, 1 died a day later and 1 of the other buyers got an anthias that was converting from female to male. And because he already has a male, he couldn't take it. I called LA and not only did they offer me credit or refund for the 5 cardinals that died, they also included the anthias even though it was/is still alive in my frag tank. They didn't beat around the bush, they didn't ask for photos, they didn't offer 'store credit' only and they gave us 14 days to make the claim. I don't mind saying I'm impressed! I'm not happy about losing 5 fish, but I suspect something was already wrong with them as LA doesn't have anymore stoplight cardinals for sale. But they shipped the day I ordered, they bagged them better than anybody I've ever bought from, they were well packed in a big styrofoam cooler and after the sale, they treated me with respect and were more than fair about refunding for dead fish and even a sex changed fish. I'd buy from LA again without giving it a second thought. I think LFS need to find a way to compete with a 14 day live guarantee. And remember, LA is a SWFMAS sponsor and made a big donation to our Spring Reef Conference. Every attendee got a 'goodie bag' from Drs. Foster & Smith (owners of LA and The Divers Den), and in those bags everybody got a good looking T-shirt and a $20.00 gift certificate!

In the near future I'll be placing another order with LA and I'll post it up on the SWFMAS website before I do. So if anybody wants to add on to my order and get free shipping, they can.

Ron :lol:/>/>

Thank you. I feel the same....

They just send me an email shipping confirmation FedEx is dropping them tomorrow afternoon. Along with an Aussie plate coral I had to add to my order to get free shipping.

I get the vibe that Liveaquaria is premier of the online stores. Divers Den is all WYSIWYG, gotta pay a little extra but not only you getting the best of the herd, but is been quarantine for a couple of weeks and eating.

Iv'e ordered from LA's DIVER'S DEN a lot over the years.The only DOA i ever had [an $80 frag] was replaced no questions asked.Top grade packaging.Might have to get in on the next GB.

Just wanted to make clear and not get confused. Foster's and Smith "Liveaquaria" has an importer facility that ships from California, but Diver's Den which is their premium WYSIWYG ships from Wisconsin. Also the corals that can get from F&S own aquaculture efforts, also ships from Wisconsin. I guess they grow corals in the same facility that holds Diver's Den specimens.

There's not shipments from Diver's Den in California. That is just general "Liveaquaria".

Edited by Reef_Fan09