SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
jdhuyvetter

Fall Frag Auction Volunteers

OK, below is a list volunteers and times that we will need some help. So please review the needs and times and post up when and where you can help.

I've taken the liberty to "volunteer" myself (aka Jeff #1), Matt (#2), Heather and Ed, based on what we did last year. I won't "volunteer" anyone else, you need to post up!!

Set Up (tables and chairs)

Need 4-5 people from 9 am to 10 am

David C.

Ron

Charlie

Jeff C.

Kevin

Set Up (Auction and Raffle)

A-V equipment, PayPal, etc. from 9 am to 11 am

• Jeff D.
  • Matt
  • Ed B.

Set Up (Food)

• Carolyn
  • Zina

Club Table

This table will be set up at the entry for new memberships, raffle ticket sales and shirt sales.

Need 2 people from 11 am to the auction start at 1 pm.

Heather

David C.

(one more would be nice)

Auction

Sort items prior to auction, run to buyers (also, first in line for food since you will be helping organize the auction while most people are eating)

Need 2-3 people from 11 am to the end of the auction.

Jeff D

Jonathan

Dave

Still need at least 1 more.

Auctioneer

(I can do it, but I have no objection if someone else wants to do it)

Auction Check Out

• Pay Pal- Jeff
  • Cash or Check - Matt and Heather

Raffle

At around 3 pm, we will start pulling the raffle tickets. This will be a "silent" raffle so we can continue with the auction. So, we will need 1 or 2 volunteers for the raffle. Preferably, someone who is not buying in the auction (ie a spouse or your buddy that doesn't have a tank and just came along for the ride)

Elaine

Final Clean Up

Put chairs and tables up, pick up any trash, etc.

Need 4-6 people from the time the auction ends until....... (probably an hour or less)

David

Ron

Charlie

Jeff C

Jeff D

(and anybody else caught "loitering" at the end)

Lehigh Volunteer for Saturday, October 15

We need one volunteer to come over to my house the day before the auction. Between fish, CUC and my corals, Sunday morning is going to be crazy. I just need someone to pick up the raffle items and banners to take to the auction on Sunday morning. It will be 5-6 small to medium boxes of stuff.

Dave

Probably not. Sonnys is actually going to do the set up. She will be "supervising". Although, she may want to be at the club table during this time frame. If so, then yes on the help. I'll let her "chime in" on that one.

Carolyn, I would love if you could supervise food setup so that I can do the membership table.

Ok, I can do that, no problem. :)/>/>

Jeff,

Elaine will be coming with me and she is willing to lend a hand with most anything like auction runner or raffle helper. And if you still need somebody to pick up stuff from you on Saturday and bring it to the meeting Sunday morning, I can do it.

Ron <_</>/>

Edited by ronreefman

I'm available all day Saturday and Sunday.I'll help in any way needed. Jeff i can come by Saturday and pick up the auction items and if you need help Sunday morning just let me know.

Ron, if it's ok with Elaine, we'll put her at the raffle table on Sunday.

Dave. want to help bag on Sunday morning (7 am..ish)? I've got my corals, CUC and fish. I'm guessing about 110 bags total. I'm going to label all the bags the night before and prep the corals. I plan on starting about 5 am on Sunday. I should have my stuff done by about 630 or 700. Then, start on the CUC and fish.

Jeff,

Elaine is fine with helping out on the raffle table.

A side note. The fish that are going to be in pairs... are they mated pairs? Or are the clowns young enough that they are still juveniles? Just considering...

Ron <_</>/>

They are coming directly from a wholesaler.

They are two fish. Probably very young adults. Beyond that, no clue.

Most likely they are either originally from ORA or from Proaquatix.

I'll help where needed. I was going to bring a bunch of frags to sell, but didn't get organized in time. Do I have to register donation frags for the club? Either way, let me know what time to show up and what to do. I might not be able to stay until the end though.

No problem on Sunday 7am,glad to help.will i still need to come by Saturday or just load everything Sunday am? I'll have a dozen styrofoam boxes we can use if you want. Shoot me a PM with your address. I'll also have donations, do i need to register them?

Donations do not need to be registered. But, you can post them up so people know what you are bringing. Donations are auctioned at the end.

Dave, we can load them up on Sunday morning if you come over then.

104 Sebring Circle

Updated.

Kevin, I put you down for set up. If you can stay the whole auction, we still need at least one more person to help "run" items.