Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdhuyvetter

Fall Frag Auction, General Information

36 posts in this topic

Is anyone bringing some chaeto ?

Live or dry? ;)/>/>

Actually, it's kind of a serious question. What constitutes "live stock" in this? Obviously fish and corals, but Chaeto? And what dry goods, just used? New in box? Just got me thinking about whether I should order some extra stuff this month and sell it at the expo... :)/>/>

Jeff

Edited by jeff@zina.com

Chaeto in the auction would be good.

The intent of the tables is to give members a place to get rid of unwanted equipment. Not for people to market their product or to buy and sell for a profit.

I found out today that we will not be able to accept credit cards at this event. So, cash or check are preferred. I will bring my laptop and air card for those that wish to pay via PayPal. However, this will be at the end of the auction after all cash and check transactions are completed.

Does anyone have a problem with me putting an ad on craigslist?

I did some copy/pasting and came up with this... anyone have sugguestions?

Announcing the Annual SouthWest Florida Marine and Aquarium Society Fall Frag Auction!

Do you have a saltwater fish tank?

SWFMAS would like to invite you to our annual Fall Frag Auction will be Sunday, October 16. This auction is open to all!

This year we will have a total of over 200 Corals, Fish and Inverabrates in the in Auction! There will also be over 50 Items in the Dry Goods Raffle including pumps, test kits, supplements and even a complete sump!

Riverside Community Center

3061 East Riverside Drive

Fort Myers

Door Fee:

SWFMAS Members - $3 (or buy lunch and save $1, $10 for entry and lunch)

Other Florida MAS - $4

No Club Affilitation - $5

Food:

We will be having Sonny's BBQ brought to the auction. Food will be served at approximately 11:30 am. We will be having pulled pork, pulled chicken, pulled beef, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, rolls, etcs. Food will be $8/person (including 1 drink).

In addition, we will have drinks available throughout the auction for $1 each.

Doors Open to Public:

11 am

Food Served:

11:30 am

Auction Start:

1 pm

If you have any questions or would like to see the items up for auction please visit our fourm at: http://www.swfmas.com/forum/index.php?/forum/63-2011-fall-frag-auction-october-16/

Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing you there!

Please note that we will not be able to accept credit cards at this event. Cash or Check are preferred. We will have PayPal available at the very end of the event (ie. after all of the cash and check transactions have been completed)

No problem at all. I had thought Ed did it. But, I haven't checked and could be wrong.

I just went through the auction registration. I really need to find a new hobby. I'm packed to the gills, setting up a new tank because my frag tank is overflowing and I have identified at least 18 corals that I will probably be bidding on. (not to mention fish and inverts!!)

This is not good.

This Sunday!

Please be seated by 12:45 so we can make a few announcements and start the auction promptly at 1 pm.

i want to thank SWFMAS for putting together a great event. It was my first frag auction and first SWFMAS event.

I want to thank everyone who volunteered their personal time to make the event a success.

PS: all my corals made it home in one piece. Most even opened up before the lights went off last night!

Well, I think I can speak for the club when I say. "Thanks for chekcing us out!". We are a friendly bunch, and it was great to see so many new faces there this weekend. :)/>/>

i think everyone had a great time and got some great deals too.thanks to all for comming and i hope you all enjoyed it. it's as much fun for us as it is for you.

dave

Ok, I need to correct myself (from one of my earlier mass emails or posts.....I can't remember).

I said this was not the best event we have ever had. In terms of number of attendees, it was not. Out of 8 major events, this would be somewhere around third to fifth. In terms of gross dollars to the club, this would be second or third. In terms of net, it may very well be first. I don't remember the exact net from our first reef conference, but this is equal or slightly better.

What does this mean to our members?

It means we will have at least one and possibly two MACNA speakers in 2012 at regular monthly meetings at no cost to the paid club members. Not bad for our little club!

So, a BIG THANKS to all!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0