Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
jdhuyvetter

Fall Frag Auction, General Information

36 posts in this topic

Our annual Fall Frag Auction will be Sunday, October 16. This auction is open to all (members and no members alike). However, you must be a paid SWFMAS member to sell at the auction.

Riverside Community Center

3061 East Riverside Drive

Fort Myers

Door Fee:

SWFMAS Members - $3 (or buy lunch and save $1, $10 for entry and lunch)

Other Florida MAS - $4

No Club Affilitation - $5

Food:

Sonnys BBQ

$8/person (includes 1 drink)

Drinks (water & soda) $1 each

Doors Open to Volunteers and Sellers:

9 am

Doors Open to Public:

11 am

Food Served:

11:30 am

Auction Start:

1 pm

Please note that we will not be able to accept credit cards at this event. Cash or Check are preferred. We will have PayPal available at the very end of the event (ie after all of the cash and check transactions have been completed)

This will be an auction only. More info will be posted as we get closer to the event.

As we get closer and identify what we need in the way of volunteers, I will post up a separate thread for that. I anticipate that we will need between 10-12 volunteers for this event.

Anyone other than Jeff bringing corals? If not it will be a pretty quick auction...

Anyone other than Jeff bringing corals? If not it will be a pretty quick auction...

I'll be bringing a hand full. I'll be prepping them soon. I hope Bill (aquaman) will bring some.

Ron 8)/>/>

If it follows past years, most people will register the latter half of September. I just wanted to post up to start things rolling.

Also to give others a chance to register some of the same corals before I up my quantities to 3 (not all, but more than a few).

After MACNA, I'll complete my registration (exact quantities and pics)

If it follows past years, most people will register the latter half of September. I just wanted to post up to start things rolling.

I know, I was just giving everyone a reminder to register wink.gif

Has the board discussed putting some posts on Craigslist to advertise the event? It might help to draw in non-members who haven't heard of the club.

Started clipping frags for the auction, should have a list up shortly as well as pictures.

How much is a booth? What is the layout, i.e, do I need to bring my frag tank, lights, and stuff to set up with?

This would be my first time if I can manage to get everything cut by then, and would love to help out the club. I guess if nothing else, you can sign me up as a volunteer.

Papawheelie,

There are no tables for our auction format event. The way it works is that you bring frags you have pre-registered following the rules in this thread to sell at the auction pre-bagged and labelled with numbers that we will provide once registration is closed. The morning of the event, we will sign all registered frags in and keep them in their bags in coolers. They will then be brought out when their number is called at auction, last year we had a camera and projector set up so the bidders can see the actual frag in the bag on a big screen. We also project the submitted registered pictures of the frag / mother colony on another screen at the same time, and the auctioneer takes bids.

That being said, we would love to have volunteers, we need people to check in the registered items, and we need people to register the bidders and take the entry fees at the door. We also need people to sell raffle tickets and help with the food service, so the more the merrier as far as volunteering goes!

Thanks,

Matt.

Hey matt, you mentioned coolers. I still have a bunch of styrofoam shipping boxes from the move. If you want them LMK.if not they'll be getting pitched.

i can always get them jeff. the pharmacy at work throws them out every tuesday/wednesday.i think i have 8 or ten.i'll bring them and if you ever want more LMK and i'll save them from the dumpster.

they also pitch a lot of reusable ice packs as well. LMK wink.gif

Edited by seagullcat

Bring as many as you can. It'd be nice to have them to put corals in during the auction. At the end, people can take them home.

Just and FYI, I moved a bunch of posts from the Registration Forum to this Forum. I would like to keep that "clean". That way, when it comes time to put the auction spread sheet together, it will be a simple "cut and paste" job. We won't have to hunt anything buried in the middle of a conversation.

Jeff, someone mentioned bringing in some used equipment to have up for sale. Is that still something that is being considered?

Yes, tables will be available for paid SWFMAS members. Not sure of the fee. I'll confirm and start up a separate forum for table reservations. It will be dry goods only at this point (eg, used equipment or new equipment that you don't need, etc.) No livestock sales.

Table must be set up by 11 am.

Sign in to follow this