SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
jdhuyvetter

Early start on cleaning and light upgrades

Well, since the November meeting is at my house, I figured I'd better get started on cleaning the tank.  Also, a few years back, I upgraded from T5's to LED's.  A couple of the LED's were burned out in one fixture, so I decided to buy replacements.  I upgraded to 120 degree reflectors and the new 15000K LED's for the Maxspect.  Very happy with the upgrade.  Will upgrade the rest of the lights in the coming months.

20190210_132525.jpg

20190210_132538.jpg

8 hours ago, dbl said:

Jeff...just curious.  Are the sun tubes still active or did you cap those off?  

Different tank, this is the (200gal?) in the office, adjacent to the living room where the 300g with solartubes sits.

I had a crash a couple years back and decided to consolidate what was left into one tank and sold off a bunch of live rock.  I wanted to go with slower growing corals that required less pruning!  This one is lit with LED's.  It is Giovanni's old 300 (for those of you that were around about 8-9 years ago).

The solar tubes are still going strong on the other 300.  It is now a freshwater plant tank with discus.  Although, I did have to put some light screen (roughly 30%) on the tubes to cut the light down.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:26 PM, jdhuyvetter said:

I had a crash a couple years back and decided to consolidate what was left into one tank and sold off a bunch of live rock.  I wanted to go with slower growing corals that required less pruning!  This one is lit with LED's.  It is Giovanni's old 300 (for those of you that were around about 8-9 years ago).

The solar tubes are still going strong on the other 300.  It is now a freshwater plant tank with discus.  Although, I did have to put some light screen (roughly 30%) on the tubes to cut the light down.

Jeovani 😉😜