SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

I have a huge colony of Hollywood Stunner and a huge colony of Idaho Grape Monti.  It needs to be thinned out and I'm too lazy/busy to bother setting up my frag tank.  So I figured I would offer some up here.  

I can frag/break just about any size piece you may want, within reason of course.  To follow the rules of the marketplace, frags will start at $5 for good size chunk and go up from there.  I can assure you, you won't walk away broke!!!

I'm in Naples, available most evenings, and this will be a first come, first served.  I'm essentially giving it away so please don't ask me to hold it.  This is a local pick up only deal.  

PM if you have any interest.  Cell is 2three9-28five-five2three0.  

20190207_193234.jpg

20190207_193224.jpg

True my friend...and I've basically been ignoring the tank for months...lol. 

David, if only I had room in my tank! My hollywood stunner is 1/10th the size of yours and it's already getting too big and causing shade issues!  :o

37 minutes ago, ronreefman said:

David, if only I had room in my tank! My hollywood stunner is 1/10th the size of yours and it's already getting too big and causing shade issues!  :o

Ron...funny thing is I originally got the stunner from you, many moons ago.  

For now, no additional coral available.  It appears I may have some treatment to do for monti bugs.  Didn't even know I had them.  For obvious reasons, I'm not interested in offering them up if they are diseased.  Funny thing is I've never noticed them and have never seen any signs of distress on the montis. 

Mods...feel free to close this one.  Once I clear up the issue, and I still have any left, I'll try to give them away again.

4 hours ago, wiszmaster said:

David - That's a real bummer, hope you can contain the damage, and rid the pest. Monti eating nudis?

Something I’ve never encountered before.. parasitic copepods 

Something I’ve never encountered before.. parasitic copepods 
Care to elaborate? Don't think I ever came across parasitic copepods. Got any pics? What does thr damage to the coral look like?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, blackthunda77 said:

Care to elaborate? Don't think I ever came across parasitic copepods. Got any pics? What does thr damage to the coral look like?

This was a good article on it. Super small like red bugs, but black. Same effects as red bugs. Stressed and reduced polyp extension but no stn or rtn. 

30 mins In 5x concentrated reef dip did not kill them off. Bayer advanced did. 

https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/1/corals

This was a good article on it. Super small like red bugs, but black. Same effects as red bugs. Stressed and reduced polyp extension but no stn or rtn. 

30 mins In 5x concentrated reef dip did not kill them off. Bayer advanced did. 

https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/1/corals
So you were able to get them off with bayer? Is that what you dipped the frags in?

Tough to say for sure because I ended up losing the frags due to temp difference in my dip water. After placing back into the tank I didn’t notice anymore bugs though they were slimed up pretty good and not sure if I’d be able to see. 

Chris