SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

My wife is the photo queen but even she cannot get the blues out of the picture.  Next we will try in full sunshine mode and see how that works.  Looking for a clam, probably either a crocea or a maximus.  Have also considered getting some ricordia, anyone having good luck with clams or rics?

20190204_155012.jpg

To get the blue out and still have colors pop with fluorescence you need to use a yellow filter or do some serious work with the white balance if your camera can do it. I take them with my smart phone and a free yellow filter sample.

https://flic.kr/p/2dxBia9

She tried the lens from an old pair of sunglasses but it was more orange then yellow and did seem to do much.  I may just purchase a filter for her phone.

I have a huge supply of photo filter samples with lots of shades of yellow to orange. You are welcome to barrow them to try with your phone and see which shade works the best for her phone.

That's right, Tuesday the 19th I'll be in Sarasota to tour the service dog training center with the Miata club... and I should even be driving my Miata! I'll check out the schedule and send you an email and see if we can work out a visit and I'll bring the filter sample pack.

BTW, I now drive the Miata regularly and just take it back to the shop to do data logs and dyno runs and to upload new revised tunes from Moto-East. We just have 3 minor issues that should be pretty easy to fix and then we start adding boost and doing serious dyno runs. The car is 95% of what I would consider proper for a road car. And even with virtually no boost from the turbo, the 2.5 liter motor makes as much power as the old 2.0 liter motor did at 12 pounds of boost. 

Try to attend SWFMAS March's meeting. More details will be coming soon about this meeting.

March 30 – James Fatherree - Aquarium Photography  in Estero