SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Luis1662

Fragging toadstool help.

I did some reading on fragging this type of coral but need some more help! Lol I have a large leather toadstool and want to cut it down to a better size for my tank and then I'll prob sell the other frags for cheap. It has a long stalk or trunk I guess u could call it and a cap that's around 10 or 12 inch across. Does anybody have an idea how to start fragging it? The frag pcs don't have to be small in case someone wants a bigger PC so not sure where to start. Any help would be great. Thanks b5b482d239f495c5378e2da817ee94ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use a long sharp knife and slice a chunk off. Depending the size I then cut it in to 2 to 3 inch squares and use a rubber band to secure it to frag plug or small rock pieces.

If you want help I can show you how i frag mine since it is way too large for the tank. It is really easy. Just try to make a clean continuous slice. Do not "saw" your way through it. It will slime up but it does not hurt anything that I know of. It will heal quickly. When you use the rubber band to hold it to the rock just do not tighten the band too tight or it will split where the band is holding it.

Awesome thanks for the info. I think the cap or top half I can firgure out but the stalk of it im not sure what to do with. I've heard from some that you can litterly cut the trunk in half and it will make a new cap, not sure. What do you think.

Unless you are getting rid of the whole thing I would not cut the stalk. It can regenerate from the stalk but I kind of treat it like a tree. You can trim it but if you mess with the trunk it could cause issues.

Ok, I def want to keep some of it but it def needs to be cut down so I'll have to figure the best way on doing it so I don't injure it. Thanks for your help again.