SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
AiKkZ

AikkZ 300 Gallon A.G.E Build!

10 hours ago, AiKkZ said:

Main reason for abyzz is the 10 year warranty where the rd3 is only 2 years I believe. Yes I did order the skimmer from premium, and it took over a month to receive, so I assume it came from Germany.

Have you registered the pump yet? There is a very small window after purchase, that the pump can be registered. If you do not register the pump within that window, they will not honor the warranty. Make sure to register if you haven't. 

1 hour ago, wiszmaster said:

Have you registered the pump yet? There is a very small window after purchase, that the pump can be registered. If you do not register the pump within that window, they will not honor the warranty. Make sure to register if you haven't. 

I did right when I got... Thanks for the heads up!!!

Haven't updated in a while, construction on the house took longer then anticipated. Finally got the mini split installed and the utility sink. I also got the (2) 150 gallon mixing station up and running next I will be installing the ro system, and framing the wall around the tank. More pics to come.

sink.jpg

mixing 1.jpg

mixing 2.jpg

mixing 3.jpg

Here's some photos of the tank being delivered, and installed. Also had the pukani in the bleach bath (10 to 1 ratio) for around 2 weeks. I have the rock curing now and will upload some pics of that soon.

tank 1.jpg

tank 2.jpg

20181125_142005.jpg

20181125_142009.jpg

20181125_142010.jpg

20181125_142012.jpg

wall is framed, just need to finish mud and corner bead. Also did a 1st attempt with the scape, and I'm pretty happy I will make some minor tweeks, but overall I like the caves and over hangs.

tank before.jpg

tank before 2.jpg

tank after.jpg

tank after 2.jpg

rocks 1.jpg

rocks 2.jpg

Water this weekend in DT, and qt started cycling 2 weeks ago. As for qt I'm going to run prazi, and copper if needed. Also thought about trying the ttm method.