Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ChemStar

January Meeting - Tour of Aquarium at Frost Science Museum

We are planning a visit to the aquarium at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science in Miami for our January meeting on Saturday, January 20th 2018.

Regular admission is 
Adults-$29, Youth (ages 3-11)-$20, Children (2 and under)-Free 

and parking is $8 for the first hour and $4 for each additional hour. (Max daily rate of $40)

To get a group discount we need a minimum of 10 people and book 3 weeks in advance. 

The discount prices are Adults-$19, Youth (ages 3-11)-$12, Children (2 and under)-Free.

*Planetarium not included, but may be purchased separately individually the day of.

We will be requiring pre-payment to attend.

Please purchase your tickets at https://squareup.com/store/swfmas

So, we need an head count.

Please comment in this thread if you are planning on attending with how many people are in your party.

RSVPs must be made by December 30th!

Payment must be made by January 6th!

We are planning on a 10:00 am arrival at Frost.

RSVPs (Adults:11, Youth:1, Child: 1 )

nottarts23 - 2 adult, 1 youth, 1 child - PAID

ChemStar - 2 adults - PAID

FishinBob - 2 adults - PAID

wiszmaster - 3 adults, 2 youth

RickO - 2 adults - PAID

charlie0101 - 2 adults - PAID

jdhuyvetter - 1 adult - PAID

ckeiling - 2 adults

To get a discount we need a minimum of 10 people and book 3 weeks in advance with a 50% deposit. 
The discount prices are Adults-$22.40, Youth (ages 3-11)-$16, Children (2 and under)-Free
These are total experience tickets that include one planetarium show.

Just got off the phone with the Frost Science Center and they are working on the possibility of a behind the scenes tour for us. I should hear back in a couple of days.

Also, if we wanted to drop the planetarium tickets off of our itinerary, the cost would go down to  $19 for adults and $12 for children ages 3 - 11.

So, let me know your thoughts on including the planetarium with the tickets.

Hi Heather

We good with either option. Behind the scenes would be awesome. If they did that probably wouldn't need planetarium

Count Stephanie and I in!
2 adults, and would prefer the behind the scenes over planetarium!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, FishinBob said:

Count Stephanie and I in!
2 adults, and would prefer the behind the scenes over planetarium!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Same, behind the scenes +3 Adults, possibly +2 Youth as well.

For those that have said they are going, please go purchase your tickets at https://squareup.com/store/swfmas by January 6th!

Forgot to RSVP and still want to join us also go to the link and purchase your tickets.

I will be finalizing this trip with the aquarium this weekend with our head count and deposit.

Payment is due today. Please use the links in the first post to pay for your entry.

Thanks and see you there.

Also, if anyone wants to carpool, feel free to use this forum thread to set it up!

Matt.

Paid.

I'm leaving from my house in Lehigh.  Will be making a stop or two on the way back.  Soroa and Banjong orchids

I just paid for Charlie and Robin as well.  they will be reimbursing me with Bitcoin

We have been instructed to check in as a group at the membership office in the museum at 10:00 am.  We will meet at 9:45 am outside the entrance and enter together.

Please allow yourself adequate travel time and additional time to park. The estimated travel time from Estero is 2 hours and 15 minutes to give you an idea of how long to allow.