Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jdhuyvetter

November Meeting - Frag Demo

Our November meeting will be Saturday, November 18 at 2:30 pm at the Estero Community Park (9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd. Estero, FL 33928) under the North Pavilion next to the Community Center. 

Our meeting will be a frag demo followed by a BBQ/cookout.

We will be demonstrating fragging techniques using bone cutters, scissors, band saw, dremel tool, razor blades and rubber bands (yes, you can frag with a rubber band).  We will also discuss several frag mounting techniques.

Corals to be fragged are:

Leather

Favia/Favites

Acropora

Scroll

Star Polyps

Palythoas

Gorgonians

Trumpets

Anything you bring and need help with.

Note that if you bring a coral for fragging, please bring a separate container of clean saltwater to transport your coral back home.  Not good to take it back in the water it was fragged in.

Our semi annual Board of Directors Meeting will precede the November monthly meeting and will begin at 1:00 pm in the Recreation Center at the Estero Community Park. All are welcome to attend.

As with all our BBQ's, club will provide meats, buns and drinks.  The rest is bring a side. 

Free for paid club members and $5 for everyone else.

Please RSVP in this thread by 5 pm on Friday November 17th and post up what side dish you will be bringing.

RSVP's (8)

Chemstar & zyphen - caprese salad.

Jeff

Charlie0101

Wayne & ckeiling - dessert

TeachReef & Bob - pasta salad

I'm in...as usual, I'll bring whatever is missing when I hit the grocery store Friday night.

16 hours ago, TeachReef said:

Bob and I will be there and we will bring pasta salad.  

Not sure if you are allowed to invite your students but I am sure we can make room. Parents are welcomed of course.

RickO will be coming and I will bring a fruit plate.  If I am to late for the hamburger order I will also bring brats.

RickO

21 hours ago, captoblivious116 said:

I will be there for a little bit. Need me to grab chips?! -Britton 

Yes. grab some chips

2 hours ago, RickO said:

RickO will be coming and I will bring a fruit plate.  If I am to late for the hamburger order I will also bring brats.

RickO

You are OK.  I grabbed a couple extra.