SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
MMoore0324

Local acrylic supplier

Hey everyone,

This is my first post in a very long time.  I've been out of the hobby for several years due to a job relocation, and then back, moving, kids, etc.  Last year I built a DIY 600g cichlid pond/tank that has been doing very well.  I've NEVER lost my passion or itch for reef keeping and I don't think I can hold out any longer.  I would like to build a rimless 24 X 24 X 18 cube that will be just a coral tank.  I'm really trying to avoid ordering acrylic online as the shipping costs are huge.  Anywhere locally that I can get cast acrylic?  Preferably Acrylite brand?  

Thanks!

Matt 

Finally got a hold of Absolute.  They do sell to the public and have what I need.  Just waiting on a quote.  Since this is my first time working with acrylic, I'm going to have them cut my pieces if it's cost effective enough.  If not, I do have the means to cut the acrylic.  Hopefully I can get started this week!

Nice,  glad they may be able to help.  I have some interest in following along your build.  Can you take some nice photos and/or videos to keep us updated when you start?  Thanks

Edited by nottarts23

2 hours ago, nottarts23 said:

Nice,  glad they may be able to help.  I have some interest in following along your build.  Can you take some nice photos and/or videos to keep us updated when you start?  Thanks

Absolutely!  I always fail with build threads because I don't have patience to stop working and take photos, edit, and upload. This time around, I'm going to really try though. Since I'm just getting back into reefing, I have zero equipment. I'll be collecting equipment for the build slowly so progress in the build thread might be slow but I'll do my best.