SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Propagation-Sensation

Red Sea Max C130

Shes filled! liverock, sand, water all came with it which made that easy. Magus curve 5 Skimmer is paid for and will be shipped tomorrow. I have some serious Craptasia work to do on this liverock. The guy really let this tank go. But, i am already loving this tank. Not too bad for coming on a few days ago to see how swfmas was doing, then jumping back in lol..

Where is everyone anyway? Nobody talks on the forum anymore?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Congrats on jumping back in and welcome back to forum.  I wasn't around when you were here last, but figured I would say hello.

Alright, well.... I'm in aptasia hell.. this system I purchased was setup when I bought it and I transported what he had living in there, to my house because I didn't want them to die. All my other systems had a quarantine time to make sure there weren't any pests before exposing it to the tank, but this time I didn't really have a choice. With only 1 fish, and a coral banded shrimp in here, is there a way to effectively put them into a holding tank, and completely bomb the system to kill every aptasia in here? I went on a 5 day trip, just returned, and there are probably 40 more aptasia than when I left. I didn't want to have to drain and boil, or dry out all the rock and sand but I may have to.. I'm sure they are in the rear filter aswell..

I have not heard of anyone bombing the tanks before... you can usually only control aiptasia. Copper banded butterfly fish are supposed to eat them but no guarantees. Or use product like aiptasia x. You can buy big bottle on amazon for like 30 bucks. Much better deal than the small bottles. Turn off all power heads and pumps and go to town. Once you use aiptasia x do water changes to help stop the spread.

Since your livestock is limited, I would suggest five peppermint shrimp and feed very sparingly so the peppermint shrimp or forced in hunger to turn to the aptasia. Over the years I have wiped out infestations successfully this way, usually after purchasing someone's abandoned tank.

I am new to this area and new to this form but looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

people pretty much covered it

Peppermint shrimp heard success and failure stories

Aiptasia-X  works just need to keep up with it and the problem is it can be hard to get to the Aiptasia.

Berghia Nudi work but thy are not cheap. I personally used these.

Personally I would nuke the rocks if they have no coral

Wow, the peppermints took care of every single aptasia this tank had. I ordered 8 of them and they wiped every one of them out in a week. This guy must have had over 100 aptasia in here and they are completely gone. The peppermints even ate the adults. That was easy.

Wow this was in July? Lol, I feel like I've only been back in the hobby about a month. Well no sorry, I don't have any before and afters. I kept the peppermints in there for a while longer to make sure all the aptasia were gone. I gave away 6 of them, and currently have 2 remaining. Haven't seen a single aptasia since the week I introduced these guys, they did the job very well.

Chris thanks for the comment about my brother. 

I just filled a reefer 350 with water today, so I'll be needing frags to fill it up soon, and this c-130 will be converted to a freshwater planted. If anyone wants these last 2 peppermints, let me know, ill give them away free when i transfer over to the reefer350.

I wouldn't mind a couple peppermints that actually eat aiptasia. I acquired some rock/coral that have a few aiptasis. Was going to go that nudi branch way but those suckers are pricey for how many they say you need 

Got any recent pics? Would love to see those azzcrack zoas! Lol so when's a frag going to be ready?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk