Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ChemStar

General Information

Our Annual Frag Auction will be Saturday, April 16th 2016.

This auction is open to all (members and non members alike). However, you must be a paid SWFMAS club member to sell at the auction.

Riverside Community Center

3061 East Riverside Drive

Fort Myers, FL 33916

Click here for a map

Door Fee:

SWFMAS club Members - $3 per person

Other Florida MAS Members - $4 per person

No Club Affilitation - $5 per person

(children under 12 get in free)

Food:

Mission BBQ Lunch at 11:30 am

Cost is $13 per person

Must be pre-purchased by April 13th! (You will not be able to buy the day of the event!)

Purchase at the following link: https://squareup.com/store/swfmas (Non-Refundable as we are committing a head count to caterer)

Drinks (water & soda) $1 each

Schedule:

10:00 am - 11:00 am: Setup - Doors Open to BOD and Volunteers only

11:00 am - 11:30 am : Coral Registration - Doors Open to Sellers for item registration and Volunteers only

11:30 am - 12:00 pm: Doors open to public for Bidder Registration

11:30 am - 12:45 pm: Lunch

12:50 pm - 1:00 pm: Club announcements and auction rules (please be seated by this time)

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Live Auction

3:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Auction Break

3:30 pm - Close: Live Auction

Below is a link to the Auction Item List in the order the items will be presented.

Auction Item List.pdf

**Bidders will need to bring a box or cooler which we will number with your bidder number and placed on stage to hold the items you win! You will need at least one box/cooler for each bidder; you may not share a box/cooler with someone. **

Lunch RSVP (16)

Wayne & Carol - Paid

Bryan & Shauna - Paid

Heather & Matt - Paid

Amish - Paid

Charlie & Robin - Paid

Jeff - Paid

Paul - Paid

Dan & Mysha - Paid

Chris - Paid

Richard & Cindy - Paid

Any sponsors/donations?

If you are interested in sponsoring or making donations, please email events@swfmas.com.

Thanks!

Lunch at the auction this year must be pre-purchased as the food truck was not available.

We will have Mission BBQ deliver Lunch at 11:30 am.

The choices of Meat available will be Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken, and Chopped Brisket.

There will also be sides and bread served.

Cost is $13 per person

Purchase at the following link: https://squareup.com/store/swfmas (Non-Refundable as we are committing a head count to caterer)

Must be pre-purchased by April 13th! (You will not be able to buy the day of the event!)

Just a reminder- Our Annual Frag Auction is right around the corner, Saturday April 16th. With just over 200 corals to be auctioned there will be something for everyone. If you plan to come, you will want to consider pre-ordering the BBQ lunch from Mission BBQ. There will not be tickets for lunch sold the day of the auction, YOU MUST PRE-ORDER LUNCH THIS YEAR! Just imagine smelling all that smokey meaty goodness and not having a lunch ticket---too sad to think about. This event is just plain fun, so don't miss out!

Also do not forget to pick up you bags from Jeff, Matt or myself. Please do not wait until the last minute to get bags.

Wayne would be the closest to you. He is in Fort Myers by Page Field. Please PM him to set up pickup arrangements.

Only 2 days left to purchase lunch for the auction!

Purchase at the following link: https://squareup.com/store/swfmas/item/bbq-lunch

Mission BBQ is delicious and worth the price. You won't want to be left out. We have 240 registered items which should put us around 5 pm to finish up auction and check-out process.

There is no other food conveniently nearby Riverside Community Center to step out during the event if you get hungry.

I will be in the Cape Wednesday night. I bowl at HeadPinz on Del Prado if you want to meet there. I get there about 4:30 and leave about 8:30.

Today is the last day to purchase lunch for the auction!

Get your order in if you will be joining us for lunch.

Also do not forget to pick up you bags from Jeff, Matt or myself. Please do not wait until the last minute to get bags.

Bags??? Ok Im new to all this, what are bags for and what kind of bags?

Thanks,

Dan

For people selling we give frag bags to put the corals in. This way we do not get a variety of containers which makes it hard to put on the live camera screen.

Had a great time and picked up some clean up crews and a few new corals!

Pre-auction sorting.

2DSC_1765.jpg

Shirts!

2DSC_1771.jpg

Some of our patterns.

2DSC_1772.jpg

The lovely sales volunteers!

2DSC_1773.jpg

Jeff explaining somethings about the coral.

2DSC_1776.jpg

Not everyone wanted to spend money so they were making their own corals! Hope they know it is not tank safe.

2DSC_1780.jpg

I had a good time. Didn't buy much, a sponge and a coral, but sold all my frags. The whole event ran pretty darn smooth and as always, Jeff did a great job as auctioneer and he keep the atmosphere pretty light hearted. It could have become boring quickly but Jeff kept it interesting and humorous. Check out ran pretty smooth too. Good job by everybody working the event.

I just wish there had been more people. I'd guess less than about 25 bidders and 8 of them were people selling corals. We need to promote it better to people outside the club.

And thanks for the new "You might be a reefer if...' shirt!

I had a good time. Didn't buy much, a sponge and a coral, but sold all my frags. The whole event ran pretty darn smooth and as always, Jeff did a great job as auctioneer and he keep the atmosphere pretty light hearted. It could have become boring quickly but Jeff kept it interesting and humorous. Check out ran pretty smooth too. Good job by everybody working the event.

I just wish there had been more people. I'd guess less than about 25 bidders and 8 of them were people selling corals. We need to promote it better to people outside the club.

And thanks for the new "You might be a reefer if...' shirt!

Last one was on a Sunday. I had my whole family there. Had a great time. Saturday's are my busiest at work. Maybe nights or Sunday would bring in more people? Just my 2 cents

I have already looked into the venue for next year. We are going to move further away (calendar date) from Reef-a-Palooza. Didn't help that these two events were 7 days apart.

Next year will be a Sunday. All the Saturday's February through April are already booked.

Jeff, I don't see any big issue with Sunday, especially in the afternoon. I think earlier in the year might be better, like after football season is over and the snowbirds are still around. Probably want to avoid late March as the end of March Madness college basketball will be nearing the end of the tournament.

Did we have any posters or flyers out at any of the LFS? I know a lot of them don't appreciate the Auction as they see it as competition for the store, and that is understandable. Maybe somebody could come up with a 'promotion' that would be beneficial to an LFS so more might support us, or at least would allow us to put out flyers? And I don't think we had much visibility on Craigslist this year either, did we? I know Matt Stratton told me he didn't see anything so he got something on CL a short time before the Auction. Maybe a few good value raffle items would help, but that would need to be promoted as well. Elaine told me that because we are a non-profit organization that the Lee County Library system would let us do a poster and/or fliers in the branches. Maybe there are some other organizations would allow us to advertise for the same reason?

Just tossing out some ideas to try and help. Maybe some other members might have other promotion ideas?

Mysha and I had a great time. Saw a couple of members we had met pryer to the auction. Looking forward to the next time!

And yes, I think we were the ones who bought the most! LOL I think we got carried away, but the tank looks great! rolleyes.gif

Sunday, February 19, 2017, Riverside. that was the only sunday still available. that place books fast!