SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
ChemStar

January 16, 2016 Meeting

Our January Meeting will be a speaker meeting at the Estero Community Park Recreation Center in Room 102A (to the left instead of the usual room) from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm.

Our speaker will be Marriane Brizio from AquaFX presenting information on water quality and Reverse Osmosis/ Deionization Units.

Marianne Brizio is the Founder and President of Aqua Engineering & Equipment, Inc. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Central Florida. AquaFX is the flagship with 16 years experience producing reverse osmosis for the reef aquarium hobby. She was brought into the hobby by her customers about 15 years ago and now everyone in the office is into it.

We would like to hang out after the meeting at the park and have a Potluck BBQ.

We are still working on the details for this portion of the meeting and will update the info here when we have finished planning.

After the meeting, we will be having a "bring a side dish or dessert" BBQ. The club will provide burgers, dogs, drinks and condiments.

Please RSVP in this thread with body count and selected dish by Wednesday 1/13/2016.

January 16, 2016

2:30 pm - 4:30 pm

Estero Community Park Recreation Center Room 102A

9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd, Estero, FL 33928

Map

Attendees to the Potluck BBQ: (32 and 3/4)

zyphen + 1, bringing Chips and Dips

wiszmaster +3, side dish

charlie0101 +1,

newbee +1 - potato salad or deviled eggs

Mike - 2 3/4 ppl - cookies

Jeff

Reef Family RCE- 3 ppl - dessert

RickO - slaw

CoralfishG + 3, bringing baked beans

Joefish72 + 3

Triston

Seasue1 +3 spicy veggie dish

Goby go +1 fruit or dessert

Brent +1 dessert

The BBQ sounds like fun! A really nice time of year for it. :D/> It will be good to finally understand how the RODI units work too. It's been a bit of a mystery to me.

The BBQ sounds like fun! A really nice time of year for it. :D/>/> It will be good to finally understand how the RODI units work too. It's been a bit of a mystery to me.

Water in, water out, and somewhere in between there is automagik. Simple!

Oh wait, theres another hose, with more water out.... I give up.

Part of her topic will discuss municipal water vs. well water for RODI units.

That's good. I know that some of our members have really struggled with well water. Good topic!

Our January Meeting will be a speaker meeting at the Estero Community Park Recreation Center in Room 102A (to the left instead of the usual room) from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm.

Our speaker will be Marriane Brizio from AquaFX presenting information on water quality and Reverse Osmosis/ Deionization Units.

Marianne Brizio is the Founder and President of Aqua Engineering & Equipment, Inc. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Central Florida. AquaFX is the flagship with 16 years experience producing reverse osmosis for the reef aquarium hobby. She was brought into the hobby by her customers about 15 years ago and now everyone in the office is into it.

We would like to hang out after the meeting at the park and have a Potluck BBQ.

We are still working on the details for this portion of the meeting and will update the info here when we have finished planning.

After the meeting, we will be having a "bring a side dish or dessert" BBQ. The club will provide burgers, dogs, drinks and condiments.

Please RSVP in this thread with body count and selected dish by Wednesday 1/13/2016.

January 16, 2016

2:30 pm - 4:30 pm

Estero Community Park Recreation Center Room 102A

9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd, Estero, FL 33928

Map

Attendees to the Potluck BBQ: (30 and 3/4)

zyphen + 1, bringing Chips and Dips

wiszmaster +3, side dish

charlie0101 +1,

newbee +1 - potato salad or deviled eggs

Mike - 2 3/4 ppl - cookies

Jeff

Reef Family RCE- 3 ppl - dessert

RickO - slaw

CoralfishG + 3, bringing baked beans

Joefish72 + 3

Triston

Seasue1 +3 spicy veggie dish

Goby go +1 fruit or dessert

Brent + 1 - desert

Great meeting this afternoon and thanks to the board members and officers for their efforts putting this meeting together.

Marriane Brizio from AquaFX our guest speaker was very informative and knowledgeable. I picked up quite a few tips on tuning my RODI system.

The after meeting get together for burgers, brats and dogs was lots of fun and a good chance catch up with old friends and new friends. Thanks to Charlie, Robin and crew for bringing all of the cooking equipment and cooking some great food.

RickO

ya know after fussing and cussing our well water and the ro system I call frankenstine its nice to know that most of it was put in the rite place. talking to marriane help me put a few more things rite and maybe i'll some day i'll try some hard coral? thanks for a good one ! charlie