SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
ChemStar

2015 Swfmas Holiday Cookout / Potluck Dinner And Boat Parade

RickO has offered to host the cookout at his home to coincide with the Fort Myers Beach Boat Parade again this year.

The parade starts at 6:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. It usually runs a little late and they should be by the house between 7:00 to 7:30. The weather, winds, amount of boats and how much the captains of the boats have to drink will have effects on the time so it is not carved in stone.

We will be eating before the parade, so please arrive between 5:00 pm and 5:30 pm.

As usual, the club will provide the meat and sodas.

Please bring a side dish or dessert to share.

Please also bring a lawn chair with you.

There is a $5 per person charge for those attending that are not paid club members to cover food expenses.

Parking will be at a premium in the subdivision.

It has been recommended that we organize car-pooling from the old Win Dixie parking lot at the San Carlos and Summerlin intersection (now a Wal-Mart) or get here early and beat the neighbors out of the street parking.

If you are willing to meet to carpool, please arrive at parking lot between 4:30 pm - 4:45 pm.

2015 SWFMAS Holiday Cookout/Potluck Dinner and Boat Parade

When: Saturday, December 5, 2014 5:00 pm

Where: Rick Oxton's Home

18324 Cutlass Drive

Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931

Please RSVP by 4 pm on Wednesday December 2nd in this thread with how many people are in your party and what dish/dessert you are bringing.

Carol & Wayne (2 or 3) w/ possible +1 - Deviled Eggs

Brian & Cindy (2) - Chips and Artichoke Dip

Charlie & Robin (2) - Shish Kabobs

Jenny, Matt, & Finn (3) -

Heather & Matt (2) - Fruit Tray & Brownies

Jeff (1) - whatever is missing

Ron & Elaine (2) -

Dave +1 (2) - Apple Pie

Rick & Lisa (2) - Hosting

David +2 (3) - Mac and Cheese

Scott +2 (3) - Pasta Salad

Jerry +3 (4) - Cheesy Corn bake

Jason +3 (4) - Potato Salad

Alex +1 (2) -

Richard & Cindy (2) -

Bryan +3 (4) -

Sue +1 (2) - Vegetarian Curry Appetizer

Total - 43

Edited by ChemStar
Add Attendees

The more kids the better, what would Christmas be without kids. We do not have a railing on the seawall or dock but we do have a ladder attached to the dock for just that reason. The water will be cool but the deep end of the dock has six foot tall pilings and they make great platforms for jumping into the water. Bring your swim suit or spare clothes unless you think you will fit in Lisa or my clothes. In addition to the "hazardous" back yard we also have a dog named Zoey. She is a super friendly boxer and will give any one who bends over with food on their face a good cleaning. Our house is very child friendly as far as breakable expensive items (there are none).

RickO and LisaO

I'm in.

I'll bring whatever is missing for sides and dessert when I go shopping for the meats & drinks.

Rick, I know you will have a few non-SWFMAS guests over as well. Need a head count on those before I go shopping as well.

Put us down for three as one of my daughters is in town. We will bring mac and cheese.

Edited by dbl

Our house is very child friendly as far as breakable expensive items (there are none).

RickO and LisaO

we will finally be able to make a meeting so i will be there with the wife and kids to test ricks words out and see if my little man can find anything to break.. Stacey said we will bring potato salad.

Our house is very child friendly as far as breakable expensive items (there are none).

RickO and LisaO

we will finally be able to make a meeting so i will be there with the wife and kids to test ricks words out and see if my little man can find anything to break.. Stacey said we will bring potato salad.

Jason who? You kind of look familiar but not sure....