SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
ronreefman

Brian Green Bbq

Since this isn't on the SWFMAS Meeting list anymore, does anybody know if this event will happen this year?

I'm scheduling a couple of events for early November and I want to leave time for this one as I've missed the last couple.

Edited by ronreefman

I believe it is. It is typically the second Saturday in November.

I'm sure Jeff will post something once date and time are locked down. I know Brian was looking for a cooker/smoker as the one from the bank he used is no longer available.

It was my first time last year and it was great! (even in the rain) Saw Brian in Orlando the weekend of Reef a Palooza and he said November. Looking forward to it again this year

Does anyone have any more updates on this event? From my readings it sounds like a very interesting event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll have more info from Brian as we get closer. But, it usually starts around 2-230, Brian cooks ribs, burgers and hot dogs, clubs bring the drinks, you bring a side. Auction starts after the sun sets. Auction is outside and we use a projector to show the pics on the side of the garage. The Tampa and SWFMAS clubs run the auction. As Wayne said, auction is a cash auction. Number of corals per person is less than our auction. But, there will be corals from multiple clubs. Auction split is the same ( I think, will confirm and post later). Clubs don't get the split, Brian does to help cover the cost of the ribs.

Great ribs, don't miss it.

Ends....whenever. I have been there until 930 pm and been the last person to leave. I have been there until 130 am and was not the last person to leave.

This was on Tampa Area reef today

Nov BBQ @ Brian Green's

If you have not attended any of these annual BBQ's, please join us. Brian has a unique system in his garage with thousands of gallons of saltwater goodies! The food is great and the event also has other reef clubs in attendance. Attendees will be able to offer items for sale in the frag auction and be able to buy many more including items that Brian auctions himself. Please bring a dessert or side dish to share. There are several other clubs across the state to come to the BBQ so it's a great time for everyone.

People start a little later this year at 4:00pm The auction usually starts a little before sunset and goes on for quite awhile. So bring cash and a cooler!

Limits for the auction are no more than 15 items for sale per person and no more than 3 of the same coral per person. This is our Nov. TBRC event/meeting.

Address is 201 Sunset, Nokomis FL 34275. Date is 14-Nov.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. Just got back from the grocery store. Got ice and drinks. In a little while, I'll start packing up the corals I am taking for the auction.

Cool front last night had perfect timing. Weather outside is going to be awesome today!!

Bring your favorite side dish, your comfortable pants, favorite chair and biggest cooler and lots of cash!

Great deals, Great food and Great fun!

This is a must see event!

See you there!