Welcome to SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ChemStar

Show Us What You Got At The 2015 Reef Conference!

Raffle Winnings &  Giveaways.jpg

I came home with lots of goodies from the 8th Annual SWFMAS Reef Conference.

The banquet was awesome! I am so happy to have won a NextReef Systems MR1 Reactor at the banquet!

While I didn't get to hear any of the speakers Saturday as I was volunteering to help run the event, I enjoyed having dinner with them both evenings.

The rest of the items were what we won at the raffle on Saturday and what was in my goodie bag.

I am already looking forward to next year's event!

What did you guys get?

I apparently won 3 items but not sure what I came out with just yet. Purchases, I got a few gorgs. c0a51527d785f66722655343fc48eb01.jpg4c2f055e9569443321c15dd6b0cb616a.jpg72cff6a618e0867b6a128e34cc143d56.jpg

This is all I won at the raffle with 6 full sheets of raffle tickets....

951F162E-0707-46F6-9143-701C72A486F0.jpg

Maybe if I didn't use 95% of my tickets at this table I would have won more things lol

0167A3F8-FE0F-4E8A-8024-0354F9F2EA6A.jpg

Lmao! Yes, possibly so.

I did leave 1 full sheet in EACH of the Neptune Systems raffle items! And didn't win there, but that's OK, did pretty good.

I left a whole sheet in the frozen/refrigerated foods section, and won 2 refrigerated items. I think Paul got most of the frozen?

Below is a pic of what I can find right now, some has already been put away or used. I also picked up 6 corals, 4 Zoas, 1 frogspawn, and 1 monti cap.

29640cbdfb6fe2f864b1f57ea7ea52b0.jpg

I was fortunate enough to win the "BRS 2 Part Calcium & Alkalinity Total Package with Dosers" - this is the complete package with Cal, Alk and Mag, as we as 2 dosing pumps! Yay! And between the media they sent in the kit, the ME Coral kalk, the Fritz Aquatics bucket and last years stash I still have of Fritz's stuff ... I'm set for a little while! WIN. I've already mixed the Cal, Alk and Mag solutions, mounted and calibrated the dosing pumps. Been wanting to start dosing, finally going to.

This is what we brought home from the Reef Conference. I was able to convince Carol to let us buy raffle tickets instead of more corals. Of course my evil plan had a flaw.... Live stock raffle! WO WO. Best of both worlds...

DryGoods1.jpg

DryGoods2.jpg

Zoas1.jpg

Zoas2.jpg

ToxicPie.jpg

Acan.jpg

I wonder if I could talk Reef Lover out of the Neptune dosers... doubt it.

Yea I know. We were fighting each other putting tickets in. :lol:

Ahh the sugar high! I have one of those reactors running bio pellets. Works great!

d4c3499b88cf07f1a5d4ce0d71ba00f9.jpgb1f76338ca0822ce8ff8f0491e4d3955.jpg

We also go horseshoe crab( still alive he's in our reef tank) but lost a calico crab( he didn't last 5 mins when put in FOWLR tank, snowflake eels make quick work of him) we also lost blue wrasse in FOWLR tank( he made it thru first night but not the second)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nottarts23

I got 4 nems, 3 from Gulfcoast Eco Systems, he's really a good guy. And one from the guy from Cleveland. They are all doing OK, or so my tank sitter told me, 'cause we are in the Keys. I also forgot to add in some frozen food from the raffle, so that total was $560 at retail online for $100 in tickets. We need to do one of these every 6 months! LOL! Just kidding.

More on our snorkeling in the SWFMAS Keys trip thread.

I wonder if I could talk Reef Lover out of the Neptune dosers... doubt it.

Wonder if I can talk Wayne out of the DOS containers. LOL I did stand good on my word. I gave my friend (Scott2975) who is new to the hobby my GHL Doser that I promised him if I won the Apex Doser. Ironically, I bought the GHL Doser about 2 weeks prior from Johnny Haze. Its all about sharing the love in the hobby. Boy Wayne, those DOS containers would look real nice sitting below.

Yea beside my tank not kicked below the tank. Would look better with it's dosing brothers. I will be working on that this weekend. I would trade my BRS dosers for the Apex ones!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll have to post some pics later however this is what we (Christina and I) won at the raffle.

***New Reeflo Swordtail External Pump***

25$ Addictive Aquaculture GC

3x API Test Kits

2x Piscene Packages

1x 3 Pack from LRS

1x Rogger's Two Pack

1x Rod's Three Pack

MagFeeder Floating Ring from TLF

Next Reef MR1 from Banquet

Signed Small Conference Poster (Second Year in a Row!)

Yellow/Green Bubble Tip Nem

Cleaned up this year! 100$ in tickets plus tickets from winning poker run, very happy. Thanks again!

Edited by Cubed Reefer

I only got $20 in tickets and just about got my money back with two packs of the purple reef plugs. I could use some. :)

As for coral I picked up quite a few!

10 awesome frags of various Zoas and a few acros

5d09886e29b64d3aa92134750b25fc9b.jpg

This beautiful torch for such an awesome price! Unfortunately I didn't catch your name so if you see this thank you so much!

a0035f3ea9c9add46b19c2d973a051bf.jpg

I picked up joes awesome frag tank/display lol

But the real fun was what happened after I sat through the "Tank automation" portion of the conference and some interesting things happened following that week! Check out my build thread where I will get into the details.

http://www.swfmas.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9356-My-First-Saltwater-Tank