SouthWest Florida Marine Aquarium Society
Eric Noa

Dry Rock & Bahama Aroganite Sand

As most of you know Im in the process of setting up the 300Gal tank and I will be needing a lot of rock and sand for this bad boy. Im not sure how many of you may need dry rock or sand but I managed to get some great prices from Marco Rocks if I place a large order.

The Key Largo rock they sell averages $2.15 a pound shipped. The Bahama Aroganite Sand averages between $.68 & $.74 per pound shipped.

If I buy 500lb of Key Largo Dry Rock we get it at $.96 a pound so a total of $480 for 500lbs.

The Bahama Aroganite (Coarse or Fine) @ $18 for 80lbs, thats $.23 a pound.

Freight would be a flat rate of $130 for up to 1000 pounds. So the frieght would be devided by the total number of pounds we end up ordering and that will determine what everybody pays for freight.

I have till the end of this month to place an order and get these prices so if anybody is interested let me know ASAP. Im thinking I might need about 300lbs of dry rock for my tank so that leaves 200lbs up for grab. In the rare case that we surpass the 200lbs we can order more at the same price but we are limited to the 1000lbs limit to keep the freight at $130.

Pickup location will be at my house in Cape Coral.

I will need payment before the order is made because I don't want to get stuck with all this rock. If you have any questions just let me know.

Eric, I bought fine sand from Marco and it was really fine... I was afraid of powerheads blowing up a storm, so I sold it for a fraction of what I paid just to recoup a few bucks, then I bought fiji pink instead. If I was doing Marco's sand again, I'd get his course... IMO.

Marco's rocks look like BRS reef saver rock to me, which is what I had in my last tank. I liked it, but wanted a different look in my new tank, so I went with dry rock from TBS and I'm really happy with it. Here is what it looks like if you are interested - http://goo.gl/Hw879

Once my tank is up and cycled, I plan on getting a small amount of his LR for seed...which will match my dry.

I didn't take the time to compare the cost, but if I remember, Marco was a little cheaper, but for my 60 gal, it wasnt enough diff to lose sleep over :blush:/>

Thank you Paul!

Im not planning on getting fine sand for the same reason you sold yours lol but there are people who prefer the finer sand so thats why I gave the option. In regards to the rock I personally like the look of the Key Largo rock so Im sticking with that.

Edited by Eric Noa

Thank you Paul!

Im not planning on getting fine sand for the same reason you sold yours lol but there are people who prefer the finer sand so thats why I gave the option. In regards to the rock I personally like the look of the Key Largo rock so Im sticking with that.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the BRS reef saver/Key Largo rock appearance too. Not only was it nice looking, it's super easy to stack, which let me do a lot of caves and swim thru's for my fish instead of just a wall. I just thought this time I'd try something different via TBS and wanted to show in case you were interested. Can't go wrong either way :blush:/>

Erik, have you checked delivery requirements for the large orders?

Specials

Key Largo dry rock

Specials:

500Lbs $479 (includes $50 freight credit)

1000Lbs $999 Landed (includes freight to a commercial address with dock)

We can get up to 1400Lbs on a pallet, additional rock added to the 1000 special

$.95 with no additional shipping charges.

Erik, have you checked delivery requirements for the large orders?

Yes I have Marco.

Edited by Eric Noa